Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: TAKE ACTION: Mastriano Bill Would Make PA a Second Amendment Sanctuary

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Done, and started a Patriot Member payment. Thanks for your work.
    Thank you so much. It is greatly appreciated.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: TAKE ACTION: Mastriano Bill Would Make PA a Second Amendment Sanctuary

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    I could care less about the cancel culture, but I'd really like to read the actual bill an SB XXX number would be a great help!
    The draft is at LRB. We also don't have bill numbers on Constitutional Carry or the strengthen preemption bills yet, either.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post
    Done. Senator Maistriano is my senator, so I told him he has my vote for either governor or US senator.
    Excellent. Thank you.

(Berks County)

Make sure you read through it. There are a few typos that need fixing. I also made some personal changes. Its a start and hopefully we can do more to ensure 2A rights are better protected along with the rest.

Bump
    ΑΣΦ

Done. Donated to GOA and FPC again and sent a couple gift memberships for some extended family.

I encourage anyone reading this to donate too. You probably can't find ammo to buy anyway -- might as well send that cash to pro-gun orgs that desperately need it to fight for our rights!
    I am not a lawyer.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Done. Donated to GOA and FPC again and sent a couple gift memberships for some extended family.

I encourage anyone reading this to donate too. You probably can't find ammo to buy anyway -- might as well send that cash to pro-gun orgs that desperately need it to fight for our rights!
    Thank you!

(Lancaster County)

This will probably be the Senate version of this from Metcalfe... https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&type=B&bn=357

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    This will probably be the Senate version of this from Metcalfe... https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&type=B&bn=357
    Hi, Leon.

If Representative Metcalfe files the same bill from previous years, as his co-sponsorship memo states, then the Senate version will differ significantly. However, the state website indicates that the text of Metcafle's bill is being revised, so I wonder if he is adopting some of the language in the Senate version.

The Senate version differs by adding penalties for municipalities that enforce federal gun control in the form of loss of state grant funds. They are also forbidden to accept federal bribe money to enforce new federal gun control. The Senate version also removes qualified immunity for elected officials. Additionally, not only is the Attorney General required to prosecute these cases as in Metcalfe's previous bill, but if the AG refuses to do so a private right of action is created in the Senate version.

Another key difference is that the Senate version has civil penalties rather than criminal penalties. GOA helped draft this bill and looked at Pennsylvania's 1847 Personal Liberty Law for guidance. As you may recall, this was a non-cooperation law for enforcement of the Fugitive Slave Act. Pennsylvania's previous law was declared unconstitutional by the Taney Court. Using the previous law, PA charged a slave bounty hunter with kidnapping and that law was overturned by SCOTUS, but Pennsylvania rewrote the law in the form of a non-cooperation act.

We added features from the 1847 law and also used the Tenth Amendment Center model legislation for guidance.

(Berks County)

That all sounds good, Val, thanks for the work. I can't see the Dems or wolf going for it but that's OK, we have to try and maybe we'll get it later if the next election swings things our way.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast