Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Clarion County)

Default Re: HB - 451 Requiring 6 hours of Training by NRA Certified Instructorprior to LTCF

Next up psyche evaluations.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: HB - 451 Requiring 6 hours of Training by NRA Certified Instructorprior to LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I'm just so tired of it all. They can propose all this anti-liberty bullshit and face zero consequences. Sometimes they stick, sometimes they don't but we have to fight them constantly. There needs to be a law that if a "legislator" proposes something repugnant to the constitution (state or federal) then they are removed from office and barred from ever holding elected office.
    Could only be effective if judges abided by the Constitution.

(Butler County)

Here's how I think the dems see it. Create a law that specifically requires "NRA training" to obtain a LTCF. Then, go after the NRA and run them out of existence. No NRA to provide training, can't issue LTCF.
    -Brandon

I'd be willing to compromise on this one, you want 6 hours of "NRA Training", make the LTCF valid in all 50 states.

(Blair County)

What other constitutional right do you need to pay for training to use? Just curious?

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    What other constitutional right do you need to pay for training to use? Just curious?
    What rights do we even have when most now believe they have been giveth and can be taketh by government on a whim.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I think at least one similar bill has been introduced in the past like this one, but this is the longstanding pattern of gun control politics.

It is ironic that a bill introduced by a democrat suddenly sees the need for the NRA.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I*m a certified RSO, I wonder what it would cost me to be become a certified instructor? The bill sucks period. Most gun shops can point a buyer to some kind of training if they want training.
    First you have to take the NRA pistol courses (cost several hundred) then the instructor course (i think 600 last time i look). The NRA gets a cut from every class so .....

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    In order to legally hunt you need to pass a hunter safety course. I agree with you that if things were simple it would just be constitutional and no licenses would be required. The reality is there's not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

The next best thing is a standard license that upon passing you'll be issued a LTCF that is valid in all 50 states no different than when you get your drivers license you're valid for all 50 states. If you can pass a background check and pass the class it's issued right away, no more waiting and no more character issues. I'd sacrifice 6 hours on a weekend to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    First you have to take the NRA pistol courses (cost several hundred) then the instructor course (i think 600 last time i look). The NRA gets a cut from every class so .....
    $125 for the basic pistol class, $150 for the BIT and pistol instructors class Thru DTS in emmaus

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast