Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Ready To Load Or Am I?

Another Titegroup user here. 9, 40, 38, 357 and 45ACP. Thousands of rounds made with no mishaps. I have some Clays and W296 around but sticking with Titegroup keeps things simple for me.
    NRA Life Member

(Westmoreland County)

i have loaded well over 100K 9mm with Titegroup and have no issues
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Susquehanna County)

Your OAL will depend quite a bit on the profile of the bullet. 115 gr standard shape RN? 1.135" is as good as any other, unless you're shooting it in a very tight chambered pistol like by CZ Shadow. just checked one of my Blazer gr FMJ factory cartridges. It measures 1.155". Go figure! Anyhow you should be in good shape.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Bucks County)

OAL's in the reloading manual can only be used with the EXACT bullet they specify. And even then OALs are just a recommendation and what matters is how tight your chamber is and if they function in the magazine.

There are different kinds of round nose bullet profiles. I suggest you contact Berry and see what they recommend. Then load a round and do the plunk test.

And don't worry so much. Reloading is not that hard and is supposed to be fun. Just load mid range loads for now and don't try for +P loads. With moderate loads unless you are hammering the bullet into the lands or seating so deep you can't crimp the bullet you will not blow up.

(Tioga County)

1.135 was what I started with for 115g bullets and it's pretty much what I use today. I only use FMJ bullets not plated so perhaps there is other data out there for Berry's 115g plated. Generally I go to the manufacturer of whatever bullet I am using and use that as a starting point and then go from there. There are some Euro guns that don't like long OAL 9mm like CZ and Walther.

I love Titegroup. I bought 8 pounds of it years and I'm still working on the jug. It's very economical and very accurate, I think you can get over 10k rounds out of one 8lb jug. It's not a power powder though so for that I use Power Pistol powder. Thing to remember is that Titegroup as others have hinted at, it's not a fluffy powder like Unique, so there exists some possibility of double charging and perhaps not noticing you did so pay attention to what the hell you are doing and go slow.

I check every single round in a case gauge and reject about 1 in every 150 to 200 when it comes to 9mm.

(Washington County)

Titegroup is a faster burning pistol powder. I stopped using it because Power Pistol has less smoke and perceived recoil, but use what you have.

Did someone really suggest lubing 9mm cases?!

I used to load 3.8gr Titegroup under a 9mm 115gr Berrys projectile and 3.3gr under a hardcast lead uncoated 9mm 115gr projectile. Berrys at 1.149* COAL, cast at 1.060* COAL.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Titegroup is a faster burning pistol powder. I stopped using it because Power Pistol has less smoke and perceived recoil, but use what you have.

Did someone really suggest lubing 9mm cases?!

I used to load 3.8gr Titegroup under a 9mm 115gr Berrys projectile and 3.3gr under a hardcast lead uncoated 9mm 115gr projectile. Berrys at 1.149* COAL, cast at 1.060* COAL.
    Yes they did suggest that. We've had carbide dies for a few decades now so I don't see the point of lubing 9mm cases but to each his own.

Power Pistol I like a lot, it's one thing I am short on right now after loading thousands of 124g last year for the Uzi and Suomi.

(Washington County)

I picked up CFE Pistol and Sport Pistol to try, as I haven*t seen Power Pistol in awhile and those other two were readily available at pre-panic prices.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Northampton County)

cut the dryer sheets into 4 squares works good

(Berks County)

I have a reloading question so I'll just stick it here. Can 9mm dies be used to reload 380's?

Even deeper...can 9mm shells be cut down to load 380's?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast