Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Anyone order ammo from the CMP?

I finally was able to join the local rod and gun club last week and during the meeting, we were told the club is affiliated with the CMP, and that we could order ammo from them. I looked on the website in the ammo section and they do have some ammo in stock 22lr, 10mm, 40 s&w, .223, .308, 6.5mm creed, and 7.62x54r). I would assume selection is normally better during normal times?

What caught my interest was Eley 22lr. 500 Rd bricks of Eley club for $90 and Eley target for $79. Sounds like a deal to me. Ammoseek showing 500 Rd bricks going for north of $100 for regular federal, etc. And they ship for free if order is over $100.

The rest of the ammo seemed pricey, but about on par with regular ammo nowadays. Some looks like it's reloaded ammo (sold under their own "Creedmore" brand and the descriptions have some detail about each. Limits are 5000 rounds per caliber per year.

What are your thoughts and experiences with CMP outside of rifle and 1911 sales?

Thanks

(Chester County)

Default Re: Anyone order ammo from the CMP?

My club is affiliated with the CMP as well and one our members (friend of mine) is a long time member of the CMP. He*s been to Camp Perry countless times to shoot matches and volunteer.

He told me the CMP is fairly well stocked and prices reasonable. I don*t have any personal experience with it though.

If you pm me I could try to get you guys together via email.

(Allegheny County)

Looking over the past year, yes, their ammo stocks have gone down some. Price-wise it depends on what you're going for, the Federal .223 is their fancier "match" ammo, which is still cheaper on their site than other places, including Federal itself (they have it for $30 for a box of 20). Processing time is really slow at the moment. They're around about 3 months to ship orders out. For buying ammo, first set up a profile at the online store, then you'll need to e-mail them copies of your personal information and proof of membership at an affiliated club before the e-store will let you check out with ammo.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Too bad the days of Greek surplus 30-06 for 50 cents a round are long gone.

(Washington County)

Personally I been ordering ammo from CMP for a few years now, but recently my last two orders never went through: 22LR and 30-06 Garand ammo. Not sure if slow or what is going on.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Berks County)

18 cpr 22LR, ugh!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

I put in an order in Mid-January, still waiting for it to ship. From what I've heard, they're a couple months behind on orders. I'm not sure how much faith I put in their "in stock" label. I see to recall during the last shortage that they were still accepting orders for stuff that was actually backordered, I could be wrong or they could have changed their process, i'm not sure.