Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default OH now w/ UFA, changes to CCW

As some of you know Ohio has always had a goofy CCW in cars requirement. The gun had to be in the open....kinda odd.

Well Ohio has now passed a Uniform Firearms Act much like ours in PA. The Ohio cities of Dayton, Cincinatti, Columbus, Cleveland, and Toledo will now no longer have their AWB. CCW while driving now may done so concealed. You MUST inform an officer though. New laws don't go into effect until 12:01, March 14th 2007.

State gun law changes draw fire

I've been searching for a text of the laws but without success. Figured I might throw this out there for all of you that travel to Ohio, as we know many CCW sites don't keep their shit up to date.

(York County)

Default Re: OH now w/ UFA, changes to CCW

Sweet. Now if Ohio and PA would set up a reprocity agreement life would be even better.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    Sweet. Now if Ohio and PA would set up a reprocity agreement life would be even better.
    Until Pa. enacts a training requirement, our opportunities for reciprocity are going to be limited -- compared to places like Florida and Utah.

Personally, I'd rather see no requirements and no reciprocity than required training and reciprocity.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post
    Personally, I'd rather see no requirements and no reciprocity than required training and reciprocity.
    i agree wholeheartedly.

i really, really want reciprocity with WV, but i would not be willing to compromise section 21 of the Declaration of Rights of the Pennsylvania Constitution to get it (not that it has not already been compromised, of course).

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    ...i would not be willing to compromise section 21 of the Declaration of Rights of the Pennsylvania Constitution to get it (not that it has not already been compromised, of course).
    I agree!!!

I go to OH often but I don't want to see PA compromising.