Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Supreme Court will decide if police can enter home to seize guns without a warran

One other thing I want to point out, since I missed what Bang mentioned...let them mandate that guns have to be stored in a secure fashion, the we can all just start carrying all our guns around with us at all times...

Because, well...gun control starts with full time security of them, and they are most secure when on the person

Default Re: Supreme Court will decide if police can enter home to seize guns without a warran

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Here's one. I was in Highway Patrol cruising south Philly. A guy in a Duntov'd '60 Chevy wound out first from a stop sign on one of those incredibly narrow streets. At the hearing, I testified in those terms. The (magistrate, back then) looked at me like I was something he'd never seen before, exclaimed, "First gear? FIRST gear?? How fast could he have been going?! DISMISSED! Next case!
    Ha. That's like all those Japanese crotch rocket guys that wake everyone up at 2AM by revving their bikes to 17,000 RPM with straight pipes. Sure, they're going 80MPH, but they are in 1st gear!

One could argue the disruption to society would be lower had they shifted.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Allegheny County)

"Take the guns first. Worry about due process later."
    - Orangemangood
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lackawanna County)

You can see the push for "safe communities". First it will be: arms must be locked up to certain standard. If you can't afford to lock up that way, you have to put in "community locker". Once that fails (and it won't be enough), you can have arms, but locked in gun club locker/safe.

Of course, you have to have insurance and tons of background/mental checks, along with 4 sworn statements from upstanding persons who know you. Keep raising the bar so only the elite can own legal weapons. If you are robbed and own an illegal weapon, you will serve more time than the thief who attacked you. The logic being: thief only wants material goods you have, but your gun & actions are a threat to the lives of the neighborhood/community.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacgunner View Post
    You can see the push for "safe communities". First it will be: arms must be locked up to certain standard. If you can't afford to lock up that way, you have to put in "community locker". Once that fails (and it won't be enough), you can have arms, but locked in gun club locker/safe.

Of course, you have to have insurance and tons of background/mental checks, along with 4 sworn statements from upstanding persons who know you. Keep raising the bar so only the elite can own legal weapons. If you are robbed and own an illegal weapon, you will serve more time than the thief who attacked you. The logic being: thief only wants material goods you have, but your gun & actions are a threat to the lives of the neighborhood/community.
    Autos are regulated similarly and for the same reasons. Most states require auto insurance, to protect the public interest. But if you don't have insurance, you can still get and keep a driver's license, you can still buy and register cars, you can drive other people's cars. And no one will show up to confiscate the unregistered car. And the worst possible outcome, if you drive the unregistered car, is it MAY be impounded and you'll be assessed a fine.

Contrast this with guns, which you can't buy if you're prohibited, and which the .gov will confiscate for the flimsiest of reasons. Which makes no god damned sense given that, historically, guns have a much lower correlation to community harm. Despite the fact guns are engineered specifically to be lethal, they are connected with far fewer injuries and deaths than cars are. And if you intent is to kill as many people as possible, there are many opportunities to kill far more people, and fast, with a car than with a gun. In three seconds, you could, theoretically, kill dozens of people. With a full auto gun, that would be difficult although possible, and as it were there aren't a ton of full autos in circulation anyway.

Just imagine if guns and cars were treated equally- if you'd ever ran a stop sign or yelled at someone on the highway, then for the rest of your life you wouldn't be allowed to buy cars, or work at gas stations, auto shops, dealers, or tire distributors; if the cops ever saw a car at your house they'd break in, kill you, and impound the car; you wouldn't be allowed to rent cars or participate in races, even with other people's cars; and anyone who lived with you would have to lock up any car keys to prevent you from easily accessing them while you were home alone. And even if you had a spotless driving record, any random yahoo could call the local police from an anonymous number, claim you threatened them with a car, and within 20 minutes the cops would be at your house to kill you, take all your cars, and throw you in jail.

Fuck.

Until I typed that, I didn't even realize how absurd the state of gun regulation is.

Anyone else think the legal system's gonna fuck us again?
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Bucks County)

Perception, unfortunately, is reality. When I was young motorcyclist I paid for that Hollywood movie The Wild Ones which made motorcyclists something to distrust and avoid. As I cruised New England, I saw signs on diners NO MOTORCYCLES.

Perceptions of mass shooters is way beyond the true stats, thanks to Hollywood, TV shows, msm, politicians using it, and the snowflakes that are terrified of a gun in its box in its drawer in someone else's house.

And don't forget the old (barf) "if we save one life".

On another forum (Suzuki motorcycle owners) there were a few posts of murders. Each time the murder was by knife, I would post "Great! There's proof gun control works. They had to resort to a knife". A couple of times I got chewed out for politicizing a murder.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lackawanna County)

If you had a nice big yellow Chevy truck that said: "Pussy wagon" on the back, Liberals would ban it. If you had a vehicle that was military decked-out, they would scream about it (too militia!). It's all perception and feelings to these folks. Trying to reason with the Left is like reasoning with an 8 year old who is having a meltdown. Any chance they get they will stomp on our freedoms and rights, all in the name of "feelings" and "safety". It is blind arm-flailing, foot-stomping wailing just to "get their way". They have no idea what is beyond the outcome of the fit they are throwing. Sadly, the courts allow their shit to get time for new laws, and we are told we are flat out wrong.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tacgunner View Post
    If you had a nice big yellow Chevy truck that said: "Pussy wagon" on the back, Liberals would ban it.
    Except if it was driven by a transgender - then it becomes a - wish I had a "pussy" wagon - that's ok.

American's will decide if Police who break into homes without warrants, can be shot, with their guns.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

American's will decide if Police who break into homes without warrants, can be shot, with their guns.
    That might make a fade to black ending to a bad movie, but in real life that would not be THE END.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast