Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosin Nagant

(Cumberland County)

Default Mosin Nagant

Any Mosin experts out there? If you had the opportunity to make an offer on a Mosin Nagant, converted to 22 cal and finely engraved to commemorate the Spanish Blue division that fought in Russia 1. Would you want such an oddity 2. What do you think it would be worth? Trying to get pictures - lol.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Default Re: Mosin Nagant

Never saw an M-N converted to .22 , let alone decorated like that. If it went to auction , it would easily find someone willing to spend more for it than me. I'd hold out for a nice US made Remington Armory or New England Westinghouse.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lehigh County)

Lightbulb Re: Mosin Nagant

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Any Mosin experts out there? If you had the opportunity to make an offer on a Mosin Nagant, converted to 22 cal and finely engraved to commemorate the Spanish Blue division that fought in Russia 1. Would you want such an oddity 2. What do you think it would be worth? Trying to get pictures - lol.
    💡 you can always purchase one of these

https://www.jgsales.com/keystone-arm...a08a3ebcc869d4

(Cumberland County)

^^ nah - I like the weird factor of the converted one - lol. Something about the add balls. But probably too much $. We shall see....
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clearfield County)

Are you sure it wasn't one of the .22 caliber mosin training rifles to start with?

max maybe $150, modifying a military rifle absolutely destroys the value. A perfect example of this would be my mosin in .45/70 (purchased, not created by me) I could probably get $350-$400 for it, which was great when unmolested mosins were $150, not so much now when they're pushing $380+

(Cumberland County)

Never know I guess, but my gun guy says it's a converted commemorative. Hopefully he'll be able to get a pic or two. We shall see.
    It's currently in Spain where he is so I'm just waiting to see if it goes any further!

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't one of the .22 caliber mosin training rifles to start with?

max maybe $150, modifying a military rifle absolutely destroys the value. A perfect example of this would be my mosin in .45/70 (purchased, not created by me) I could probably get $350-$400 for it, which was great when unmolested mosins were $150, not so much now when they're pushing $380+
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    It sounds like it might be interesting to look at, but as raxar said, modifying military surplus greatly reduces value for the majority of collectors. I think around $150-200 would be about right depending on the quality of the conversion work. In any case I would not expect it to sell for more than the value of an unmodified M91/30 which in the current market seems to be stabilizing out around $350-400.

(Bucks County)

Famous last words but I don't see how you can convert a military Mosin-Nagant to a .22 without a fully stocked machine shop, a skilled machinist, and hundreds of hours labor. When you get some pics carefully compare it to a Polish WZ-48 trainer.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...itary-trainer/

(Cumberland County)

Winner! My friend said he dug in a little and it’s a Polish Trainer ! You are correct sir. I’m still going to try to get pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Famous last words but I don't see how you can convert a military Mosin-Nagant to a .22 without a fully stocked machine shop, a skilled machinist, and hundreds of hours labor. When you get some pics carefully compare it to a Polish WZ-48 trainer.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...itary-trainer/
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Montgomery County)

Polish trainers seem to go for more than a standard Russian 91/30. One that*s been engraved and *messed with* even by a Spanish arsenal? Who knows. Some will say it*s part of the gun*s history and that makes it more rare and worth more. Some will say it*s been bubba*d and worth less. Personally I*d prefer one that hasn*t been messed with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast