Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Waiting for LTCF approval/denial letter

I got a pink slip stating that I have a registered letter at the post office. I know they send denial letters via registered mail so I am dreading picking it up tomorrow.
    Any chance I'm worried for nothing and Philly sends approval letters via registered mail also?

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Waiting for LTCF approval/denial letter

Probably not. The denial is the one that needs a date, so they can determine whether you have the right to appeal. What's on your record that would cause you to be denied? You need to fix that. Were you hoping to sneak one through? PA is "shall issue", so you can only be denied if they found something prohibitive, or you smell funny. I can't remember which.
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

Nothing prohibitive on my record. The worst thing was my DUI 6 years ago and that was a M2.
    They probably denied me under the charachter clause.

I'm not really surprised but I do need to know if I need a lawyer to appeal this.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Philadelphia County)

philly does not send approval registered mail.

you were probably denied.

i would appeal with an attorney.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    philly does not send approval registered mail.

you were probably denied.

i would appeal with an attorney.

Greg
    I would love to get a lawyer
    and fight it but that is really not an option. I know I am not a prohibited person so I may just have to move to a more friendly county and apply again in year.

Pennywise The Clown

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    I would love to get a lawyer
    and fight it but that is really not an option. I know I am not a prohibited person so I may just have to move to a more friendly county and apply again in year.
    Whatever reason they found to deny you this time will probably remain on record no matter which county you move to, so if it's something not prohibitive, a letter to the PSP (when they send you the reason for denial) that explains the situation should be enough to get a reversal/approval in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    Whatever reason they found to deny you this time will probably remain on record no matter which county you move to, so if it's something not prohibitive, a letter to the PSP (when they send you the reason for denial) that explains the situation should be enough to get a reversal/approval in the end.
    I REALLY hope you're right.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    I'll be picking up the letter at 9:00am and will post here when I do.

Pennywise The Clown

Looks like I screwed up.

Applicant failed to cooperate and/or failed to give truthful answer (oral or written) regarding his/her application for a license to carry a firearm.
    Previous arrest box is checked.

Applicant is denied due to good cause box is also checked.

I know they asked if I was ever convicted of a felony or a misdemenor and I told them about the DUI as that is the only thing I have ever been convicted of (M2) but don't remember them asking about arrests.
    If I did'nt understand what she was asking or misread the paperwork then it's my mistake I'll wait a year and reapply. I doubt an appeal will do any good.

Oh, Well. I guess I'll go to the range for some stress relief

Pennywise The Clown

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Looks like I screwed up.

Applicant failed to cooperate and/or failed to give truthful answer (oral or written) regarding his/her application for a license to carry a firearm.
    Previous arrest box is checked.

Applicant is denied due to good cause box is also checked.

I know they asked if I was ever convicted of a felony or a misdemenor and I told them about the DUI as that is the only thing I have ever been convicted of (M2) but don't remember them asking about arrests.
    If I did'nt understand what she was asking or misread the paperwork then it's my mistake I'll wait a year and reapply. I doubt an appeal will do any good.

Oh, Well. I guess I'll go to the range for some stress relief
    Are you talking about the arrest questions on the challenge form or the initial LTCF application form?

On the initial LTCF, I don't believe there are any "arrest" questions, merely convictions... but there are several on the denial challenge form, including:

1) Arrested In PA?
    2) Arrested in another state?
    3) Arrested while in the military?

So is this a case of where you challenged the initial denial, and then didn't answer the arrest questions on the denial challenge form properly?

If you told them about your DUI on the initial application, then I don't see how they can check a "previous arrest" box and say you were untruthful.

However, if on the denial challenge form you didn't "come clean" about previous arrests, then is that what the final denial is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    Are you talking about the arrest questions on the challenge form or the initial LTCF application form?

On the initial LTCF, I don't believe there are any "arrest" questions, merely convictions... but there are several on the denial challenge form, including:

1) Arrested In PA?
    2) Arrested in another state?
    3) Arrested while in the military?

So is this a case of where you challenged the initial denial, and then didn't answer the arrest questions on the denial challenge form properly?

If you told them about your DUI on the initial application, then I don't see how they can check a "previous arrest" box and say you were untruthful.

However, if on the denial challenge form you didn't "come clean" about previous arrests, then is that what the final denial is all about?
    This was the initial application. I have not even picked up a challenge form.

I guess maybe I should do that, Huh?
    Last edited by Pennywise; November 5th, 2008 at 11:19 AM.

Pennywise The Clown

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast