Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Angry 😲 Armed Bounty Hunters Startle Family With Midnight Warrantless Search

🤤 WTF
    BUFALLO, NY- Jake Reinhardt, his fiancée, and their 3-year-old daughter were all sound asleep when someone banged on their front door so hard that the noise echoed through the cold, dark January night.

Reinhardt jolted out of bed and entered the living room, where he saw through a sliver of his window shade what appeared to be a man armed with a long gun by his front door.

https://www.wivb.com/news/investigat...ss-search/amp/

Default Re: 😲 Armed Bounty Hunters Startle Family With Midnight Warrantless Search

In this case there would have been at least one maybe two dead bondsmen outside my door if this were my home.

I’ve known a several bounty hunters or bondsmen and they were complete vomit piles. One I was considering working for until I heard the kind of shit they did from others who had worked for him in the past. I’m not saying they all are but the three I’ve known were. They were probably worse then the criminals they were looking for.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: 😲 Armed Bounty Hunters Startle Family With Midnight Warrantless Search

If I understand this properly, guys from PA, entered NY state with firearms and basically conducted a home invasion while police watched on? Are bounty hunters somehow above the law in NYS that they carried firearms across state lines?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If I understand this properly, guys from PA, entered NY state with firearms and basically conducted a home invasion while police watched on? Are bounty hunters somehow above the law in NYS that they carried firearms across state lines?
    The article shares a lot of interesting powers that Bondsmen have and it sounds like way to much. I see why several states outlawed them.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I*ve known a several bounty hunters or bondsmen and they were complete vomit piles. One I was considering working for until I heard the kind of shit they did from others who had worked for him in the past. I*m not saying they all are but the three I*ve known were. They were probably worse then the criminals they were looking for.
    A former coworker has recently gone on to pursue such a career.He was okay enough to work with but I can see him being a bit of a dee bag in his new endeavors.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

No comment.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Columbia County)

I heard bail bondmen often trick or fool police officers into thinking they are US deputy marshals because they identify themselves as Fugitive recovery agents. A lot are attired in tactical gear with a badge that also says Fugitive recovery agent. Based on the officer on the porch asking about what agency they are with, I suspect the same thing happened here. However, the police should have asked for an arrest warrant or checked NCIC wanted persons to see if the person they are looking for is in fact wanted. In addition if the charges stemmed from out of state they have extradition procedures to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    A former coworker has recently gone on to pursue such a career.He was okay enough to work with but I can see him being a bit of a dee bag in his new endeavors.
    The acquaintance I knew that worked for the same bondsman I was thinking of working for told me the guy tried to pay him with a stolen SKS and shotgun from the house of a guy they picked up on the 1st job he did. He refused it and it happened again with other goods so he quit after two or three weeks.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I heard bail bondmen often trick or fool police officers into thinking they are US deputy marshals because they identify themselves as Fugitive recovery agents. A lot are attired in tactical gear with a badge that also says Fugitive recovery agent. Based on the officer on the porch asking about what agency they are with,
    I just took a look on my former co-worker's page, he has a photo of his identification card and lo and behold it says Fugitive Recovery Agent in bold lettering.It also says something about being certified,no idea by whom though.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I just took a look on my former co-worker's page, he has a photo of his identification card and lo and behold it says Fugitive Recovery Agent in bold lettering.It also says something about being certified,no idea by whom though.
    Probably the same guy that certifies the professional boob inspectors.

https://www.amazon.com/Saphorix-Offi.../dp/B00KTM4B7C

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast