Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 😲 Armed Bounty Hunters Startle Family With Midnight Warrantless Search

These guys in the article sound like they wanted to be Delta-SEAL-Para-Ranger-SWAT operators but failed out of basic.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: 😲 Armed Bounty Hunters Startle Family With Midnight Warrantless Search

Another factor to add to my list for moving back to Pennsylvania:
    Awareness of any felons who may have resided in the house previously before my purchase.

The ambitious bail bondsmen is an unlikely scenario, but it's up there with the no knock warrants. Being that I have a ex-wife whose bill collection calls and mail still occasionally find their way to my residence, anything's possible.

(Butler County)

So, 2 armed guys banging on my door in the middle of the night. Call the police.
    2 armed guy come through my door. Call the coroner

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The bondsman knew the risk when he lent the money to a felon so I can give zero shits about his loss on his shitty investment.

They have no right to do what they did I mean unless a $12 Amazon badge gives them the right to illegal entry and search? They did this to three different parties at gun point where the guy they were looking for doesn’t live. I’m sure you would be all sorts of okay with this if this happened at your front door in the middle of the night but I think the overwhelming majority of humans wouldn’t be.
    I am not disagreeing that its wrong. However, there is the way things should be and the way things are. In this case, I do know these so called Recovery Agents get a lot of leeway. That is why the Buffalo cops stood by and watched. They know the rules. Nobody was hurt, killed, etc... just inconvenienced. I can't imagine the homeowners suit will stick. Maybe a nominal settlement?
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Lancaster County)

What if they home owner didn't open the door? Then what? Do they bust it in, and the guy shoots the "recovery agents" and the police shoot him? I'm not sure I like the idea of private citizens having the authority to violently enter your home looking for someone that they have no evidence is actually there.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    Since when do bail bondsmen need warrants? Just asking. I don't recall them actually being "the government" and hence subject to the same rules as say the Police? While it sucks, they have a job to do and the rules are the rules. If mistakes are made, that's why there is insurance. When you are arrested, arraigned and do a deal with a bondsman, that bondsman owns you until your case is adjudicated. He can do what he has to bring you back in, especially if you "skipped out" on him. The bondsman doesn't issue bonds for free and doesn't want HIS money taken by the government. To say he is incentivized to bring back the fugitive is an understatement and he has a lot of leeway to do the same.
    Another example of The Ends Justifies The Means...

In this age of destructive behavior by all political players, where cancel culture seeks to destroy others for a differing opinion, where justice is meted out with a leaky laddle (some with harshness & some with none), Justification By Any Means has become the currency for destroying the Constitution and the founding principles upon which it was created. The judiciary is often just as political (or politically correct) as the rest of government or society.

Both, those in government and in society in general, have a moral obligation to follow the founding principles of Liberty & Freedom. Without that, in both arenas, the country has been on a downward spiral for decades. In this case, innocent people are subjected to abuse in the name of pursuing justice against someone else. The justification of abuses because of maybes & mights (he may be in there, we got a tip, he may have a gun, we can't wait for a better time, he might try to shoot us, etc., etc., etc.) has become a disease far more destructive (and far reaching) than whatever evil is being pursued.

The forsaken concept that it is better for 99 guilty to escape justice than for 1 innocent to be treated as guilty has left us with that concept turned on its head - Today, it is propounded (by actions) that it is better to abuse 99 of the innocent in the pursuit of one guilty (especially if we have personal hate for, or we can make money by pursuing, that guilty one).

Even when the goal is a good one, the means to accomplish your goal is often more important than the goal itself. To paraphrase a Bible verse, What have you gained if you accomplish every goal but lose your own soul?

(Columbia County)

No police department should accompany a bounty hunter to apprehend a wanted person. That reminds me of those 70s private detective TV shows were the PI was telling the police what to do. The police could have made a check of the resident via knocking on the door and asking if the person was there. However the police will need a arrest warrant, an NCIC wanted person entry , and above all if extradition is approved. It the police department that originally filed the charges doesn't want to extradite from another state due to a low level crime, there is no point in trying to apprehend him out of state.

I kind of wonder if they occupants don't have a civil rights violation. The question is was the bounty hunter acting as an agent for the police since he was accompanied and backed up by police.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; February 11th, 2021 at 04:02 PM.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What if they home owner didn't open the door? Then what? Do they bust it in, and the guy shoots the "recovery agents" and the police shoot him? I'm not sure I like the idea of private citizens having the authority to violently enter your home looking for someone that they have no evidence is actually there.
    Who should have that authority?

(Chester County)

My house is an "armed stranger free zone". Armed strangers will be removed feet first.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234