Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default What's Up with ALG Defense?

ALG Defense - "Sister" company of Geissele Automatics - does anyone know why the website/company seems to be dead/dying?

For the last year or more, they have not had much of any inventory and it would seem that they have completely given up on making their excellent handguards.

"ALG Defense is a woman owned company that was founded by Amy Lynn Geissele in 2012. As a sister company to Geissele Automatics, the same manufacturing and engineering teams are utilized to deliver the most cost effective and highest quality products available. ALG's experience is resourced from all over the industry; everything from the everyday target shooter to providing equipment to various branches of the special forces as a registered defense contractor. ALG Defense is focused on providing a superior customer service experience and product in one affordable package. All backed by an industry leading lifetime warranty."

(ALG stands for Amy Lynn Geissele, wife of Bill Geissele)

Seeing as
    Geissele is a huge name in this industry, it just seems odd that ALG is seemingly in the business of "doing nothing" other than selling inventory until it's gone.
    They do have an AK47 custom slant brake that I don't recall seeing before, but other than that, it just seems dead there.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Default Re: What's Up with ALG Defense?

My theory is all of the ALG manpower and resources has been reassigned to Geissele for the DOD contract builds, which provide a bigger margin than ALG, which I interpreted as Geissele products for budget-minded consumers (lower margins).

I go past every day. The main business is Gwynedd Manufacturing. They do a lot more than gun stuff. Their parking lot is full. They have NOW HIRING - ALL SHIFTS signs out front every day.

They also got a big contract to R&R M240 machine guns.
    Geissele Automatics have announced the acquisition of the technical data packages and intellectual property for the 240LW and 240LWS lightweight general purpose machine guns developed by Barrett Firearms Mfg. Geissele announced the news on their social media earlier today, saying they look forward to *adding our forged long life barrels and Nanoweapon coating to provide the U.S. warfighter and our allies a machine gun for the 21st century.*
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I go past every day. The main business is Gwynedd Manufacturing. They do a lot more than gun stuff. Their parking lot is full. They have NOW HIRING - ALL SHIFTS signs out front every day.

After all my years peddling freight in that area it was only after I retired that I found out what they did in that building.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    My theory is all of the ALG manpower and resources has been reassigned to Geissele for the DOD contract builds, which provide a bigger margin than ALG, which I interpreted as Geissele products for budget-minded consumers (lower margins).

Makes sense

(Montgomery County)

My son attends school down the street from them and I just recently learned that Geissele manufacturing was there..
    Didn*t it used to be Connely container co. Or something like that..?

Quote Originally Posted by CallinSIC View Post
    My son attends school down the street from them and I just recently learned that Geissele manufacturing was there..
    Didn*t it used to be Connely container co. Or something like that..?
    Fitzpatrick Container.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    After all my years peddling freight in that area it was only after I retired that I found out what they did in that building.
    They won't sell to me there though. I'm 3 blocks away. The post office is about 300yds away. If they ship , who knows where it may go!

(Berks County)

Fitzpatrick Container.
    They're not down in North Wales now, are they? Or was that other facility Fitz too?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    Entirely possible.
    If so, they've been letting cobwebs grow at ALG for at least a year - maybe two. (as observed by their mostly emoty website during that time frame)

I do suspect that they may have given up on their hand guards because of the evolving market - flooded with incredibly inexpensive options.
    Used to be that ALG rails were the best value for a QUALITY handguard - $150 vs $300.
    NOW you can find any number of "usable" free float hand guards for as little as $40.
    Also, their mounting system is a lot more complex than the lazy "clamp on" style that everyone has gone to now.

I just figured they would come out with a new line of hand guards after they put all their stuff on clearance so long ago.
    I guess not.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast