Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: What's Up with ALG Defense?

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    My theory is all of the ALG manpower and resources has been reassigned to Geissele for the DOD contract builds, which provide a bigger margin than ALG, which I interpreted as Geissele products for budget-minded consumers (lower margins).
    Could be. Was also thinking since ALG is a female owned company and .gov needs to set up contracts with a certain percentage of these companies they could be overwhelmed with contracts themselves. I checked their FB page and they*re still posting product news on it but there*s a lot of comments from people complaining about lack of stock with no responses.

I have an ALG handguard on a Sig AR and love it.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Entirely possible.
    If so, they've been letting cobwebs grow at ALG for at least a year - maybe two. (as observed by their mostly emoty website during that time frame)

I do suspect that they may have given up on their hand guards because of the evolving market - flooded with incredibly inexpensive options.
    Used to be that ALG rails were the best value for a QUALITY handguard - $150 vs $300.
    NOW you can find any number of "usable" free float hand guards for as little as $40.
    Also, their mounting system is a lot more complex than the lazy "clamp on" style that everyone has gone to now.

I just figured they would come out with a new line of hand guards after they put all their stuff on clearance so long ago.
    I guess not.
    I bought 2 of the ALG handguards, I hate that friggin barrel nut
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I bought 2 of the ALG handguards, I hate that friggin barrel nut
    Yeah, I have to confess that I had someone very familiar with them install the 2 that I have. Those shim things seem like they would be maddening.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

I only have the GoJuice and Thin Grease.... Triggers I get from Geiselle or Larue MBT

(Allegheny County)

I have some Go Juice in those little packets - haven't used it yet. Kinda handy to toss in a bag, or keep with different guns "just in case".

I have one of their ACT triggers in a rifle.

The anodized grey handguard on my 9mm was my first purchase from them.

When I was building a lightweight carbine for my wife, she wanted a purple gun/handguard, and after seeing some options that were way too, I remembered that ALG offered their stuff in anodized purple, and I showed her a picture. "I want THAT."

(Allegheny County)

Got an email from ALG Defense today...

ALG Defense Has A New Home!

We are excited to be hosted within the Geissele Automatics Website!!!

ALG Defense® is a sister company to Geissele Automatics®, leveraging the same manufacturing and engineering teams to deliver the most cost effective and high quality products available.We are excited to now also be hosted within the Geissele Website!

We imported our existing customer accounts and data into the Geissele Automatics site. Many of you are already there, so this is a simpler one stop shop solution!

For those who do not have a Geissele account already, you can simply enter your ALG account EMAIL, then reset your password. No passwords or payment information has been carried over. Once you reset your password on the Geissele Automatics Site, use your email and new password to log in.

MIL/LEO discounts and account info, such as addresses, should be the same as your ALGdefense.com account. If you have any issues or questions please reach out to our CS team and we will be happy to assist you.

ALG Defense®is as focused as ever on providing a superior customer service experience and product in one affordable package!

(Lehigh County)

I lived in North Wales from 1954 to '58. We used to play touch football in the parking lot of the pottery kiln that was located where they are now. I have a couple of ALG ACTs and a LPK of theirs and like them. Good bang for the buck IMO.
    NRA Life Member

(Allegheny County)

2023 UPDATE

Well, I just stumbled upon this vid which came out about 10 hours ago.

Looks like ALG Defense is getting a new rifle.

I still think it would be nice if they brought their handguards back. We shall see.

Long video. Watch if interested. If you need a summary, click the "back" button and move on to something not gun related if that's your thing.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    After all my years peddling freight in that area it was only after I retired that I found out what they did in that building.

Spoken like a dog faced freight peddler.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    2023 UPDATE

Well, I just stumbled upon this vid which came out about 10 hours ago.

Looks like ALG Defense is getting a new rifle.

I still think it would be nice if they brought their handguards back. We shall see.

Long video. Watch if interested. If you need a summary, click the "back" button and move on to something not gun related if that's your thing.

I want that two stage stock, or the SBR if they release it.
    Today was a good day!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast