Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lights Out???

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Lights Out???

I read about half of it last night. It's not great, but it's readable and fairly entertaining. The author has a decent story going, but I can't say I like the narrative style.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Lights Out???

Got to page 400... a good story but unremarkable style and potboiler-level writing...

The whiff of PC is bordering a bit too close to a stench at times... especially considering the genre.

He's really going out of his way to mollify the ladies... as well as dig up a good character of every possible minority group (and making doubly-sure to mention their ethnic make-up)...

But when it comes to the bad guys and girls, when any ethnic background is mentioned at all, they're invariably white... or lumped under the category of "Mutant Zombie Bikers". Riiiiiight.

The rioting miscreants that are causing all of the middle- and large-sized cities to fall under martial law are never delved into too deeply... he merely mentions the cities... and the reader is left to put 2 + 2 together.

It's like he's keeping an eye over his shoulder to make sure the Oprah Book Club (and his wife) will approve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12