Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Loadable Brands

(Berks County)

Default Re: Loadable Brands

I get you and makes sense. No gasket on the FA on that I have.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

Well, ran it in garage for 4 hours, 1 capful of the polish, cut up dryer sheet (which basically wrapped around center bolt however is very dirty so it seemed to work I guess, funny to see it there all wrapped up no matter how many times I freed it it went straight back, is that why you cut it?

Anyway, not like a mirror but they seem clean. Go me.

(Clarion County)

Cut the sheets smaller.

Edit: I see that already mentioned in other thread.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    One trick with the media is to get a 5 gallon bucket and a cheap collar store plastic colander that can fit in the top. The colander should have holes large enough so the media easily passes thru but small enough to hold the cases. When you are done tumbling pour everything out and shake / move around the cases will they are empty. I pour the media back in the tumbler. Even though it is a little more work I always pour the media outside so the dust doesn't go everywhere.

Another trick is to buy some Nu-finish car polish in the orange bottle and add half a cupful every few tumblings. It works as good or better than the commercial polishing compounds and is a fraction of the price.
    Well, I did add some nufinish, ran the tumbler for 10 minutes to work it in, then I threw in the brass for 3 hours. Then I let the brass sit in there for two days before I removed it and sifted out the walnut shell. Well, either I added to much nufinish (3/4 capful) or leaving them sit there caused the issue because now I have media sticking in the cases that I have to swab out with q-tips before decpping, etc. What did I do wrong?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    Another trick.
    Used dryer sheets in the media will cut down on dust and help keep the media clean. Cut it into four pieces and place in media.
    The used ones will have any coating worked off of them and the fabric will be opened up to catch more dust.
    Actually any tuft of paper towel will work but many prefer the dryer sheets.
    Discard after use.
    I did that and the dryer sheets all wrapped around the bolt in the middle of the bowl. So, everytime I stopped and removed them in a few minutes it started again. How do I keep that from happening and do you all have the same problem?

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    I did that and the dryer sheets all wrapped around the bolt in the middle of the bowl. So, everytime I stopped and removed them in a few minutes it started again. How do I keep that from happening and do you all have the same problem?
    See post 83 that coincides with the same answer you received in another thread about it.
    Worked for me when I used a vibratory unit. Have since went with a tumbler.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Washington County)

Well Frontier 223/5.56 is all going in my scrap bin. Loose primer pockets. I did confirm that a dab of polyurethane will hold a primer in for chambering, firing, and ejecting but not worth the effort when I have so many other cases to load. Prior to application of the poly the primer pocket was so loose I could tap the case on a table and watch it walk out.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    See post 83 that coincides with the same answer you received in another thread about it.
    Worked for me when I used a vibratory unit. Have since went with a tumbler.
    Sorry, catching up on my treads, missed that. Thanks!

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Well, I did add some nufinish, ran the tumbler for 10 minutes to work it in, then I threw in the brass for 3 hours. Then I let the brass sit in there for two days before I removed it and sifted out the walnut shell. Well, either I added to much nufinish (3/4 capful) or leaving them sit there caused the issue because now I have media sticking in the cases that I have to swab out with q-tips before decpping, etc. What did I do wrong?
    You let the tumbled cases sit. When you finish tumbling separate media and cases asap. I once had the same issue with rouged tumbling media. The stuff caked in the bottom of cases and occluded the flash-hole. Only it had to be scraped out with a blade.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Berks County)

Well that*s on me for sure. Thank you for verifying!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast