Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Do any of you use a laser training system?

When feeling lazy I set a couple of these up in the living room when watching TV . I can sit on my lazy boy and plink!

https://media.mwstatic.com/product-i...944/944021.jpg

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    When feeling lazy I set a couple of these up in the living room when watching TV . I can sit on my lazy boy and plink!

https://media.mwstatic.com/product-i...944/944021.jpg
    I was looking at those. Pretty decent? They seem inexpensive.

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    I was looking at those. Pretty decent? They seem inexpensive.

-Zach
    So far they been pretty cool drives the cat and the wife crazy. Optics planet had them on sale I think I paid about $105.00 delivered. This one is also pretty cool.
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/lase...nd-trainer-kit

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    So far they been pretty cool drives the cat and the wife crazy. Optics planet had them on sale I think I paid about $105.00 delivered. This one is also pretty cool.
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/lase...nd-trainer-kit
    My dog would lose her mind with the rumble time ones. She isn't a fan of lasers either. Chases them like a cat. I'll have to keep her out of the room.

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    My dog would lose her mind with the rumble time ones. She isn't a fan of lasers either. Chases them like a cat. I'll have to keep her out of the room.

-Zach
    The rumble tyme one is obnoxious I put it on a towel . The other ones you can turn the sound off. The laser that comes with the rumble tyme one actually works pretty good I was surprised .

it will get annoying fast if your pistol needs the slide racked, even slightly, to reset the trigger.
    i do all my practice on the keltec, it resets itself. click click click is much better than click, rack, click, rack
    the app i use wants the phone as close to target as possible to pick up hits, you "shoot" to the side to reset it.
    IE, you shoot to the side, holster and it will time down then chime, draw and fire.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    it will get annoying fast if your pistol needs the slide racked, even slightly, to reset the trigger.
    i do all my practice on the keltec, it resets itself. click click click is much better than click, rack, click, rack
    the app i use wants the phone as close to target as possible to pick up hits, you "shoot" to the side to reset it.
    IE, you shoot to the side, holster and it will time down then chime, draw and fire.
    Beretta 92. No issue here with racking the slide. Plus it gives me that excellent double action practice i want.

-Zach

(York County)

I got an Itarget system for Christmas as well My wife and I have used it several times. I have a 9mm and a 556 laser. I like it better for the handguns than the AR. I would like to get the Mantis Blackbeard system for the AR. It replaces the bolt and magazine in your AR. It resets the trigger after each trigger pull. From the reviews I have heard it is very fast and maybe only Jerry Miculek could over-run the trigger reset system. Might seem kind of pricey, but when you figure that it is the same price as 250 rounds of 5.56 these days, it's not too bad.

https://mantisx.com/pages/blackbeard...setting-system
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chkrdflg View Post
    I got an Itarget system for Christmas as well My wife and I have used it several times. I have a 9mm and a 556 laser. I like it better for the handguns than the AR. I would like to get the Mantis Blackbeard system for the AR. It replaces the bolt and magazine in your AR. It resets the trigger after each trigger pull. From the reviews I have heard it is very fast and maybe only Jerry Miculek could over-run the trigger reset system. Might seem kind of pricey, but when you figure that it is the same price as 250 rounds of 5.56 these days, it's not too bad.

https://mantisx.com/pages/blackbeard...setting-system
    I went with the sirt nextleveltraining ar bolt it also has the auto-resetting trigger . I like it .

https://nextleveltraining.com/product/sirt-bolt/

(Bucks County)

Received my itarget pro today. Super fast 2 day shipping from California. Well packaged. Looks reasonably well made. Laser bullet came with a spare set of batteries which is a nice plus.

Set it up in the bedroom. Low light. But not dark. System runs reasonably well. All of my hits register. What is telling to me is how much muzzle movement there is after the shot is fired but before the laser goes out. I'm going to really enjoy this system!

I still have some other stuff coming. But this was the cheapest system. The mantis laser training system is coming still. It has more target options and the software looks a bit more engaging. Not a ton more.

I also have laser ammo's targets coming that interact with each other.

And all of that for less than 500 rounds of 9mm in the current market.

-Zach

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast