Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Most triggered liberal I've ever encountered. Should I have called 911 ?

A few days ago; with my truck.
    I swapped out this "RE OPEN PA" sign in back window:
    P4190084_med.JPG

with this "BIDEN NOT LEGIT" sign:
    P1280115_med.JPG

and swapped flag flown on back from Trump to upside down U.S.

Since doing that. I've been getting the same reactions as before the swap.
    Liberals, leftist, prod-Biden, anti-Trump etc ... flip me the middle finger while driving down the road and/or shout a few choice, derogatory words shouted in my direction.
    Patriots, conservatives, anti-Biden, pro-Trump people beep their horns, give thumbs-up, etc ...

Well just under about an hour ago. I was shopping at the local Redners.
    When I came out of the store and started walking towards my truck.
    A guy in a black, 4-door, hatchback, on the far side of parking lot, slowly driving past/beside my truck, rolled down his window, lowered his mask, and started screaming crap at me.

Although; due to the distance; it was not obvious which vehicle was mine.
    I think he either saw me get out of truck when first arriving or perhaps he just assumed since I open carry it must be my truck.

Anyway, while he was driving and stopping at various locations in the parking lot; and making it a point to keep distance from me. He was shouting things that triggered liberals shout.
    The few that I could completely understand and distinctly recall are:
    "He's working for the Russians !"
    "Election was real !"
    "You're a pussy piece of shit !"
    "You got a gun. Are you gonna shoot me ?!"
    "I have ancestors and relatives buried in Arlington Cemetery. You scumbag !"
    "Where do you live ?! I'm gonna follow you !"

I foolishly shouted; but not as loud as him; back some of mine own; but less vulgar sayings:
    "WOW ! You're really triggered."
    "So brave to be shouting at me while driving away in a car."
    "You really are a triggered snowflake."

This went on the entire time (3,4,5 mins ?) while I walked to my truck, put groceries into my truck, and walked the cart back to store.
    And then it went on a few more mins while I sat in my truck waiting for him to leave.
    But he parked his car across the open isle in a parking spot directly opposed and facing me.

That is when I got out my cell phone and typed "911" but did not dial it.
    Although he did get out of his car, grabbed a cooler from his back seat and point to all the stickers on it that I could not be read or identify.
    He never really made any physically threatening moves towards me.
    So I never dialed 911.

He eventually got back into his car and started driving away.
    However; he stopped in another isle, waited for me to start leaving, began videoing me with his cell phone, and began following me out of the parking lot.
    But with all cars now looking the same. I could not determine if he did completely follow me out of the parking lot into the street.
    Just be certain he was not following me. I went for a 15 min ride along I-78, did a couple u-turns at two different exits, before heading back home.

Since he only made verbal threats, no physically threatening moves towards me, never displayed any type of weapon, and it most likely would be my word against his.
    Could the authorities have charged me with something if I dialed "911" ?
    --ET

(Berks County)

Default Re: Most triggered liberal I've ever encountered. Should I have called 911 ?

I think you're on the wrong side of the fence for the po leece to do anything.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Default Re: Most triggered liberal I've ever encountered. Should I have called 911 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Since he only made verbal threats, no physically threatening moves towards me, never displayed any type of weapon, and it most likely would be my word against his.
    Could the authorities have charged me with something if I dialed "911" ?
    You should have whipped out your phone at the beginning and recorded. If you get him threatening you and get his license plate then contact police.

(Columbia County)

The problem with calling the police is based on what you wrote the only thing that could be considered a threat is the " Where do you live ?! I'm gonna follow you !" . Unless he followed through with that, the statement alone will probably result in no more than a summary offence of harassment. However if the police were called and the police got his side of the story is he going to lie and tell the police that you used threatening language towards him? In that case the police could have given you both a citation for harassment. Unless there was an impartial witness that could verify your side of the story it's probably good that the police were not called. BTW if you videotaped the event with audio that could be consider illegal wiretapping on your part.

(Lehigh County)

I do not see why calling 911 would have gotten you into trouble. There may well be security video from the store, that captured the event, and probably other witnesses if you looked around. The fact he persisted in following you sounds like a good reason to be cautious. I kind of wonder if you were not armed if he would have gotten out of his vehicle and tried something more physical?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    The problem with calling the police is based on what you wrote the only thing that could be considered a threat is the " Where do you live ?! I'm gonna follow you !" . Unless he followed through with that, the statement alone will probably result in no more than a summary offence of harassment. However if the police were called and the police got his side of the story is he going to lie and tell the police that you used threatening language towards him? In that case the police could have given you both a citation for harassment. Unless there was an impartial witness that could verify your side of the story it's probably good that the police were not called. BTW if you videotaped the event with audio that could be consider illegal wiretapping on your part.
    Not under the circumstances that he described.

You know how to really piss them off, just laugh at them and walk away.
    Now if he starts following you and blocks you in somehow,
    game on.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    I do not see why calling 911 would have gotten you into trouble. There may well be security video from the store, that captured the event, and probably other witnesses if you looked around. The fact he persisted in following you sounds like a good reason to be cautious. I kind of wonder if you were not armed if he would have gotten out of his vehicle and tried something more physical?
    I would suspect that if the police were called the officer would be getting two different stories. Outside security cameras don't have audio. The officer is either going to take a side or arrest both based the opposing versions of events. It's a gamble.

Dragging him out thru the window and beating the crap out of him is the first thing that came to my mind.

I just got my ''IMPEACH BIDEN'' stickers today too!

impbiden.jpg
    Last edited by abner13; January 29th, 2021 at 10:02 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Other than arguing back I say you did the right thing. Especially not driving right home. That is a sure way to have trouble, if the nutcase knew where you lived. If I were you I would expect it to continue.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast