Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Background Checks At Shooting Ranges?!

I care less about a prohibited person renting a gun at an indoor range than I am about the completely legal person who hasn't a clue about safe gun handling.
    At indoor ranges I've had several completely legal people mistakenly point loaded guns at me.
    --ET

(Northampton County)

every set of bylaws are different. the bylaws i had to work with stated men applying for membership must be white, over 21 years of age and of good character, / standing, untill the 70s when we paid a lawyer to ratify them to read , applicant must over the age of 21, and of good character / standing. this opended the doors for a whole host of oddities. i know of at least 2 members that were of the 4 legged variety so they could " use the club grounds at their lesiure" one with hoves and anther with paws.
    Win67,
    the results only matter when the membership votes to accept or to deny the application.
    if an applicant doesnt meet the vauge over the age of 21, and of good character / standing clause, the board sends the dues and apllication back to the person by registered mail with a note stating thank you for your intrest in our club , yada yada, perhaps in the future yada yada. In all the 10 years i was on a board, this only happend 2 times out of many thousand.
    Last edited by Roland45; January 29th, 2021 at 07:29 PM.
    75/15/10

So, employees of liquor stores should have to do background checks so they are not providing alcohol to a DUI-prohibited drinker. Or employees of an agriculture supply should have to do background checks on purchasers of fertilizer who could be building a bomb.
    You guys can compare apples and eggs all night long. Short answer is if you are forbidden from possessing firearms , you have no business applying for membership in a GUN club.

And I've had otherwise legal acquaintances (not friends!) use my name without my consent and when asked about them , I said no fuckin' way , the guy's an asshole.

And if someone you sponsor screws up , you might get the boot too!

All part of belonging to a PRIVATE club. Gotta weed out the undesirables. Some people just don't belong.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    You guys can compare apples and eggs all night long. Short answer is if you are forbidden from possessing firearms , you have no business applying for membership in a GUN club.

And I've had otherwise legal acquaintances (not friends!) use my name without my consent and when asked about them , I said no fuckin' way , the guy's an asshole.

All part of belonging to a PRIVATE club. Gotta weed out the undesirables. Some people just don't belong.
    yup !

I think if a prohibited person violates his prohibition, s/he is the liable one. Renting a car to a person who uses it as a getaway car in a robbery does not attach to the renter.
    Most certainly does if the renter does not have a valid drivers license.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post

Wow. This is the first time I have ever been part of a conversation that a Margaret Sanger supporter has spoken up.

Abner, do you go along with the rest of her teachings as well?

A eugenics approach to breeding for “the gradual suppression, elimination and eventual extinction, of defective stocks — those human weeds which threaten the blooming of the finest flowers of American civilization.”

Perhaps you would take this a little farther and weed out Jews, Cripples, Blacks, Spanish, Democrats?
    Just wondering on where you would draw the line Abner.
    75/15/10

(Erie County)

Did anyone watch the vid???

This bill has to do with gun ranges that RENT firearms to be used at that range.

This was stated in the first minute of the vid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Did anyone watch the vid???

This bill has to do with gun ranges that RENT firearms to be used at that range.
    Yes; hence post #11.
    --ET

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roland45 View Post
    [/SIZE]

Wow. This is the first time I have ever been part of a conversation that a Margaret Sanger supporter has spoken up.

Abner, do you go along with the rest of her teachings as well?

A eugenics approach to breeding for *the gradual suppression, elimination and eventual extinction, of defective stocks * those human weeds which threaten the blooming of the finest flowers of American civilization.*

Perhaps you would take this a little farther and weed out Jews, Cripples, Blacks, Spanish, Democrats?
    Just wondering on where you would draw the line Abner.
    Sounds like someone gets a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

What they should do is check for outstanding warrants for everyone buying groceries with a welfare card.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast