Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Pak9 questions

Default Pak9 questions

Hello all. First post here. I just picked up a Chiappa Pak9. I know it is an AK platform but I wasn't sure if someone may know if any AK pistol grip will fit this. I'd like to get a magpul cause the stock grip isn't very comfortable. Also, anyone know if there any forends that may fit the Pak9 other than what Storwerks sells? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Pak9 questions

Yes, any aftermarket AK grip will fit. As far as I know, only Stormwerks makes an aftermarket handguard for the Pak9. You can always modify an AK handguard to fit, but you will need a magwell adapter (like Stormwerks sells) because the magwell is part of the stock Pak9 handguard.

Lot of good info here - https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...highlight=pak9

(Philadelphia County)

i had a magpul ak grip on the one i had no problem and then i put a retro old school one on for looks... also upgraded the forend and magwell adapter to the stormwerks one (worth every penny); regret selling mine... had the barrel threaded too... but now i see the new ones are coming threaded. only concern i had was the recoil bracket breaking or wearing - but could 3d print that now. only other concern was weight; it is a fun gun and really it stops there for me - b/c in my opinion no one in all these years has even come close to beating the keltec sub2k for size/weight/firepower/price of a compact PDW 9mm. and for all the keltec haters, i have had mine for well over a decade w/ thousands of rounds through it with no issues, i dont baby it, and it runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Yes, any aftermarket AK grip will fit. As far as I know, only Stormwerks makes an aftermarket handguard for the Pak9. You can always modify an AK handguard to fit, but you will need a magwell adapter (like Stormwerks sells) because the magwell is part of the stock Pak9 handguard.

Lot of good info here - https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...highlight=pak9
    Thanks for the info. That's. What I thought about, modifying an AK handguard, gonna grab that magwell as well. That's the only thing I dont like about it is the magwell being part of the handguard.

Thanks. Wanting to get a Magpul grip for sure. My barrel was threaded already, thankfully. Put a 4in flash can on it today. Yes! I have a Gen 2 Sub 2k and I love it. Eats anything I feed it. I bought the Pak9 just for a fun little project/range toy. I still need to get the magwell from Stormwerks. I like their handguard but damn its pricey, lol. I got a couple regular AK handguards laying around, I may try to modify one of them.