Thank you guys for all of your wisdom on the topic.

The ringing has gone down a good bit in the last 24 hours which is a great relief. I went to another Otology doc for a 2nd opinion and going back to my original doc on Tuesday.

My hearing has improved, but still not back to where it started. I’m aware that I might not regain all of it, but I have found hope in the small improvements each day. I use a hearing test iPhone app with some high end studio headphones and the results have matched my audiograms.

I’ve read every medical study I could get my hands on and I’ve been doing anything that has shown improvements after a noise induced trauma. I know that most won’t probably help, but since my ears are my career, I feel like I need to try everything that might help.

Here is what I’ve been doing.

Day 2 - intratympatic dexamethasone injection
Daily - magnesium power dissolved into warm water
2x Daily - ear and head exercises that are supposed to increase blood flow to the inner ear.
Daily - LOTS of total silence. Ear plugs when leaving house, I only have them out to do my work (1-3 hour work days below 65db)
2x weekly - acupuncture to stimulate kidney health (Chinese doc says ear trauma can also stress kidneys)
Daily - herbal supplements from Chinese doc
Diet - no grains, sugars or alcohol. Very low sodium.
Week 2 - started oral dexamethazone.

Again, who knows if any of those have contributed to the small amount of progress so far, but it’s worth a shot if any of them do actually help.

I only share all of that in case it can help someone else who stumbles on this one day after having their jackass friend Nd a glock next to them indoors. Haha

God forbid I ever need to use a gun indoors for self defense, but just in case, I now have ear protection on top of my gun in my nightstand.

thanks guys!