Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Pike County)

Default Re: ND’d 9mm glock 19 indoors - hearing damage

I think taking magnesium is a good idea. My tinnitus (years and years of tinnitus, mostly from years and years of power tools and playing in rock bands without ear protection) is noticeably lessened when I take l-theanine + magnesium so I'm just here to recommend that for anyone in the thread whose ears are ringing when they read this

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by aw_quick View Post
    I think taking magnesium is a good idea. My tinnitus (years and years of tinnitus, mostly from years and years of power tools and playing in rock bands without ear protection) is noticeably lessened when I take l-theanine + magnesium so I'm just here to recommend that for anyone in the thread whose ears are ringing when they read this
    Started taking magnesium several months ago for calf muscle cramps. Seems to have helped with cramping but curiously, my long time tinnitus problem has grown louder recently.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Hey Nash. Hope you are alright. I have had a similar incident where I ND'd an AK pistol into my floor (223 remington). No one was hurt except for my ears. The gun was thankfully pointed in a safe direction. It was not a pleasant experience. That was almost four years ago now. For a couple of weeks I had some pain and ringing in my ears. Years later I occasionally hear a low pitch ring from time to time that may last five seconds and then go away; at a frequency of maybe 2-3 times every week. I still have fairly good hearing. 32 now. A month after the ND I went to see someone about it and he indicated that my hearing was within normal levels for an adult- and without a test prior to the ND he couldn't say for sure exactly what I did to my hearing.

If we talk about my cousin- he had a mortar explode within a couple dozen yards of his position and it took most of his hearing. He was also often in combat and took some hearing damage from that. In his case he has a lot of trouble hearing out of his right ear, but if you talk to him within maybe 6-10 feet he can hear you. He specifically requests that you throw something soft at his head to get his attention. I just pat him on the shoulder.

You may have some residual ringing every now and then, but I am not a doctor and that whole thing about 'your mileage may vary' applies here.

Since August 18, 2017 I have not had another ND discharge.

-DNC89

*LAUGHS IN 19-SERIES*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234