Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Please contact Toomey regarding this stupid impeachment process.

"Toomey, thank God you're not running for re-election. You epitomize the notion that politics is the last refuse of scoundrels. As a Constitution-loving Conservative, I always had to hold my nose to vote for you, especially given your weak-kneed record on 2A, but I digress. Regarding impeachment, you can personally despise President Trump all you want, but only a fool or a political hack could conclude that impeachment extends to former office holders. Which one are you? Or both?
    This isn't a pro-Trump position, it's a pro-Constitution position. Lord knows there's plenty of smoke to drag Obama in for impeachment, but I wouldn't support that either.
    Since you're not running for Senate again, apparently, you're making a political calculation to curry favor from democrats. What future office do you plan to seek...governor? Good luck. You won't make it through the first round of Republican primaries. Maybe planning a party change? Go for it. You saw how well that worked out for Specter the Defector. In any case, I guess we can expect more RINO scorched-earth tactics as you wind down and slink out of the Senate."
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Bucks County)

politics is the last refuse of scoundrels
    If you meant to write refuge, it worked out even better.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    If you meant to write refuge, it worked out even better.
    Ha, yeah! Sometimes, typos are fortuitous. Not like he'll read it either way, but it will go into his finger-in-the-wind tabulation.

(Berks County)

I e-mailed him something to the effect of "While you're impeaching private citizens, can you go ahead and impeach me? I have no desire to hold federal office and work alongside filth like you, but it'd be nice if that door were nailed shut just in case I suddenly get the urge someday."

(Berks County)

Good, keep the hatred flowing, they deserve it. Every time I spew it I wonder how it compares to the hatred they were getting five years ago.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Done

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I told him I would vote for a Democrat to keep him out.
    technically if he was running again and if you voted for him you would be voting democrat

(Lackawanna County)

Since he isn't running again, he can let his true blue fly.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Delaware County)

Patsy Toomey:

Dear Gman106,

Thank you for contacting me about the certification of the Electoral College results for the 2020 presidential election and the impeachment of President Trump. I appreciate hearing from you.

The Constitution states that a United States citizen's right to vote "shall not be denied or abridged." It is important for this fundamental right to be protected to preserve our representative democracy. Elections are the mechanism by which voters choose their leaders and hold them accountable. Voting enables us to remain, as President Abraham Lincoln famously said, "a government of the people, by the people, for the people."

It is also important to protect the integrity of our election system by putting in place safeguards and enabling every eligible voter to participate. For example, I was supportive of Pennsylvania's efforts to pass a voter ID law that provided free photo identification to Pennsylvania voters. I have also been critical of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court's unconstitutional decision to re-write state law and require county boards of election to count mail-in ballots, including those with illegible or no postmarks, that arrived three days after Election Day.

I stated publicly that the final outcome of this year's presidential election would be reached when the election process concluded, which would be after all legal votes have been counted, litigation was resolved, and any recounts were completed. In our own state, that became clear on November 21, 2020 when federal district court Judge Matthew Brann, a longtime conservative Republican whom I know to be a fair and unbiased jurist, dismissed the Trump campaign's lawsuit challenging the state's election results. Three Republican-appointed appellate judges upheld that dismissal. In light of these court decisions, President Trump exhausted all plausible legal options to challenge the result of the presidential race in Pennsylvania.

On January 6, 2021, the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate met in joint session to certify the votes of the Electoral College. While Congress was trying to fulfill this constitutional duty, throngs of protestors broke through the line of law enforcement officers working to protect the Capitol and laid siege to the building. As a result of the ensuing violence, several people died, including Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who succumbed to his injuries after being struck in the head while he tried to help regain control of the Capitol. The actions of these rioters are an absolute disgrace, and the thugs that are responsible for Officer Sicknick's murder must be arrested and prosecuted. The law enforcement officers who helped secure the Capitol are patriots, and I am grateful for their service.

Despite this futile attempt to undermine the results of the 2020 presidential election, Congress resumed its work to certify the votes of the Electoral College once the Capitol had been secured. Several Republican senators and multiple Republican House members objected to certifying the election results in two swing states-Arizona and Pennsylvania. These Members justified their objections by observing that there had been many allegations of fraud. But allegations of fraud by a losing campaign cannot justify overturning an election. They failed to acknowledge that these allegations had been adjudicated in courtrooms across America and were found to be unsupported by evidence. President Trump's own Attorney General, Bill Barr, stated that "we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election." Early in the morning on January 7, 2021, Congress formally certified the votes of the Electoral College in favor of President-Elect Biden, completing the final step in the election process.

On January 13, 2021, the House of Representatives impeached President Trump for his actions leading up to the siege of the Capitol. Two weeks later, the Senate voted, with my support, to proceed with an impeachment trial. I recognize that there are legal and constitutional arguments both favoring and opposing an impeachment trial of a former president. In my view, the text and the context of the Constitution, the meaning of the term "impeachment" to the founders, and the most relevant precedents indicate that it is constitutionally permissible for the Senate to consider the impeachment of President Trump. As the Senate conducts the trial, I will again fulfill my responsibility to consider arguments made by his lawyers and the House managers.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I may be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Signature

Pat Toomey
    U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania

Toomey doesn't fucking care about your hate mail. He's a dripping wet necon swamp thing. He's leaving the senate. He wants whatever golden deal was offered to him to abandon Trump and not get cancelled before he can earn his billion dollars in whatever post political career he has lined up.

All he's going to do is turn you in as potential terrorists and place you on the no fly list.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast