Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Oaks, Pa; February 26-27-28

Quote Originally Posted by mokoitis View Post
    Where did you get this info from?
    From the Promoter. OAKS is dead. Long live MOAKS. At least for now...

There will be a 3 day show that wknd (2/26, 2/27, 2/28) at Morgantown. I'll post it.

Bob D

PS These cancellations seem to occur close to the scheduled show dates. This gives the promoter very little time to react, notify vendors and if lucky schedule a replacement. All in all, Eagle does a great job.
    Last edited by bug; February 6th, 2021 at 07:48 PM. Reason: add more info

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    From the Promoter. OAKS is dead. Long live MOAKS. At least for now...

There will be a 3 day show that wknd (2/26, 2/27, 2/28) at Morgantown. I'll post it.

Bob D

PS These cancellations seem to occur close to the scheduled show dates. This gives the promoter very little time to react, notify vendors and if lucky schedule a replacement. All in all, Eagle does a great job.
    It has to be tough on them. I don't think they can get as many vendors in at Morgantown and have to cut some.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It has to be tough on them. I don't think they can get as many vendors in at Morgantown and have to cut some.
    Indeed, smaller venue. The boy scored an AR there a few years ago after Trump was elected and prices were insanely low. Coincidentally, he just sold it for more than he paid.

I may head over there on Saturday the 27th if I*m bored.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Cut every vendor that doesn*t sell guns, ammo, or gun accessories.
    Last edited by Aggies Coach; February 10th, 2021 at 09:43 AM.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(York County)

I haven't heard that Oaks is dead yet. I dont bother with Morgantown simply because hauling a couple hundred firearms out there to a tiny show, lack of decent hotel, cost of tables, food, etc. really weighs down profits. was hoping that Oaks was a go, but York the week before will more than likely kill all of my inventory. back to back big shows are nearly impossible right now with stuff being hard to get!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    I haven't heard that Oaks is dead yet. I dont bother with Morgantown simply because hauling a couple hundred firearms out there to a tiny show, lack of decent hotel, cost of tables, food, etc. really weighs down profits. was hoping that Oaks was a go, but York the week before will more than likely kill all of my inventory. back to back big shows are nearly impossible right now with stuff being hard to get!
    Last I looked 650 tables is not a 'tiny' show, and since it has direct access to the turnpike, it is easy to get to. We all miss Oaks and its 1000 tables, but this is not a bad alternative, and at least it is available. You are correct though, with supply problems having shows too close together means you have to pick and choose those most advantageous to your situation.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Last I looked 650 tables is not a 'tiny' show, and since it has direct access to the turnpike, it is easy to get to. We all miss Oaks and its 1000 tables, but this is not a bad alternative, and at least it is available. You are correct though, with supply problems having shows too close together means you have to pick and choose those most advantageous to your situation.
    in reality, a 650 table show is a small show. you must take into account that most venues over count the tables. add to that the flea market vendors such as jewelry, t shirts, socks, DVDs, bath fitter, etc. and that 650 turns into 300 or so tables of gun related merchandise. run that show two weeks apart for months at a time and quality vendors start dropping out due to many factors like cost of the show, logistics, lack of merchandise, or simply because they are selling the same amount of stuff from their store front without having to pack, load, unload, unpack, set up, tear down, pack, load, unload, unpack, and set up your shop again. the market is tough right now but most dealers are finding they are bale to do the same amount of sales by simply staying put in their shop and not having to spend $1000 just to get to a show.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    in reality, a 650 table show is a small show. you must take into account that most venues over count the tables. add to that the flea market vendors such as jewelry, t shirts, socks, DVDs, bath fitter, etc. and that 650 turns into 300 or so tables of gun related merchandise. run that show two weeks apart for months at a time and quality vendors start dropping out due to many factors like cost of the show, logistics, lack of merchandise, or simply because they are selling the same amount of stuff from their store front without having to pack, load, unload, unpack, set up, tear down, pack, load, unload, unpack, and set up your shop again. the market is tough right now but most dealers are finding they are bale to do the same amount of sales by simply staying put in their shop and not having to spend $1000 just to get to a show.
    Thanks for the view from a dealer viewpoint. To me the 200 table local or firehouse shows are what I consider small, but those also are where I find my best deals as they attract some different vendors. Most of these are dead due to covid, so we take what we can get...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Thanks for the view from a dealer viewpoint. To me the 200 table local or firehouse shows are what I consider small, but those also are where I find my best deals as they attract some different vendors. Most of these are dead due to covid, so we take what we can get...

Yes, these are troubled times. Trying to steer a business through them is difficult. Whether you're a Promoter, a Dealer or a Customer, do what seems to work best for you and hope things settle down.

(Berks County)

Morgantown is closer for me so I save some gas but I am looking for a very specific firearm so more vendors means more opportunities and more price variety.

I just wish EagleArms would update their website same thing with Gunshow Trader ....big ole Verified ! sticker next to the show announcement.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12