Allentown, Pa.18104
    Saturday 9am-5pm
    Sunday 9am-3pm
    Eagleshows.com
    You doing two shows this weekend?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Allentown, Pa. January 30-31

Gads no! I have barely enough people and inventory for one show. I'll be at Gettysburg this weekend. It's a lot closer.

How’s the turnout here? Worth checking out?

(Chester County)

Got there at 11:00. 1/2 hour line to get in. They were metering how many they let in vs. how many exited (china flu protocols). The good- its only $8 to get in. Else, IIRC it was $1/round for ammo- rifle or pistol. While waiting in line to get in a lady parked her SUV/Van near the entrance, and was selling ammo out of her van. A guy walked over to check it out and reported back that is was $1,100 for 1,000 rounds of 55gr 5.56. During the 15 minutes we watched we did not see anyone handing her cash. By the time the line looped around we saw she was gone (assume the show people shooed her away) Firearm prices were jacked up too. I did see 3 CZ-50s (maybe CZ-70s) (.32 ACP pistols) tagged $275.00 but 2/3 were Parkerized (not the natural finish). There was a guy with a table in the middle of the hall selling bags of once-fired brass and I saw at least 3 guys handing over cash for a bag of brass. Otherwise I looked diligently for primers and did not see any. I saw reloading bullets (lead & Cu-jacketed) and dies for uncommon calibers only.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfielder View Post
    Got there at 11:00. 1/2 hour line to get in. They were metering how many they let in vs. how many exited (china flu protocols). The good- its only $8 to get in. Else, IIRC it was $1/round for ammo- rifle or pistol. While waiting in line to get in a lady parked her SUV/Van near the entrance, and was selling ammo out of her van. A guy walked over to check it out and reported back that is was $1,100 for 1,000 rounds of 55gr 5.56. During the 15 minutes we watched we did not see anyone handing her cash. By the time the line looped around we saw she was gone (assume the show people shooed her away) Firearm prices were jacked up too. I did see 3 CZ-50s (maybe CZ-70s) (.32 ACP pistols) tagged $275.00 but 2/3 were Parkerized (not the natural finish). There was a guy with a table in the middle of the hall selling bags of once-fired brass and I saw at least 3 guys handing over cash for a bag of brass. Otherwise I looked diligently for primers and did not see any. I saw reloading bullets (lead & Cu-jacketed) and dies for uncommon calibers only.
    Good to know. Thought about going today, may check it out tomorrow. Still stocking Up on 7.62/308

How about mask nazis? Out in force?

(Bucks County)

I went today, due to a good experience last time. About 10AM, stood in line and got talking to another in line. Line didn't move outside...and was at least as long inside...so I left. I drive over to Slatington to check out A.F. Boyer...which is a neat place. On my way back home...I passed the show again. I'm guess this was around noon. Line was as long as when I arrived the first time. Never went in.

Not sure I'll go back. I understand the reasoning of maintaining capacity...but this venue is small and likely gets to capacity quickly.
    Last edited by MattMPA; January 30th, 2021 at 10:45 PM.

(Bucks County)

I went there a couple of months ago (Allentown) and it was mobbed inside like never before, but no line outside. Sounds like the line outside is the Biden Effect. Or were they limiting number allowed inside now?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Bang, As I understand...it was limiting capacity inside the show area.

Which, made me wonder. Why is it OK to have a tight line of people inside the building....but not in the actual room where the show is? Does capacity/distancing, etc only matter inside the actual show? Seems to be that the folks that were in line, inside...where part of the building's capacity...

(Berks County)

I think they should limit the numbers inside there just because and has nothing to do with the chirus. That place has no elbow room.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast