Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Gun Show February 6 - 7, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Just checked our records. Glad they weren't any of ours.
    The riff raff can't afford yer stuff.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I actually came here, just to bring the article up, but it was posted a few minutes ago.

The problem is folks, that you are bugs under a microscope at the Monroeville gun show, and you have been since the owner colluded with the Clintons and restricted guns and ammo sales for certain bad weapons and calibers.

Previously, they held patrons without a warrant, and tried to wait confessions out, and it seemed to stop when it was made public in the press.

If any of you remember "Su-press-on" who was the vendor who sold DIASs for AR to M16 conversions, prior and after 1986, we knew then that he was being watched as well as the tables where you could still legally purchase M16 FCG components, remember, both prior to and after 1986, it was legal to do so, then when they banned the sale of AW's and bulk AK ammo, that was the time I and many quit going.

According to the details of the article, if you are watched taking or borrowing money from a friend, and then buying a gun, you are probably going to get charged with a Strawman purchase, especially if you are a black, and really if you are a black female, the prior cases ALL involved black females.

Now, if you like being profiled, by the owners of the place, go ahead, but, by 1990, this and most shows were worthless, it was even well known the popo were watching sales in the parking lot, once "Universal" background checks are passed, nobody can do anything involving a firearm sale, without facing prosecution.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by frick View Post
    I actually came here, just to bring the article up, but it was posted a few minutes ago.

The problem is folks, that you are bugs under a microscope at the Monroeville gun show, and you have been since the owner colluded with the Clintons and restricted guns and ammo sales for certain bad weapons and calibers.

Previously, they held patrons without a warrant, and tried to wait confessions out, and it seemed to stop when it was made public in the press.

If any of you remember "Su-press-on" who was the vendor who sold DIASs for AR to M16 conversions, prior and after 1986, we knew then that he was being watched as well as the tables where you could still legally purchase M16 FCG components, remember, both prior to and after 1986, it was legal to do so, then when they banned the sale of AW's and bulk AK ammo, that was the time I and many quit going.

According to the details of the article, if you are watched taking or borrowing money from a friend, and then buying a gun, you are probably going to get charged with a Strawman purchase, especially if you are a black, and really if you are a black female, the prior cases ALL involved black females.

Now, if you like being profiled, by the owners of the place, go ahead, but, by 1990, this and most shows were worthless, it was even well known the popo were watching sales in the parking lot, once "Universal" background checks are passed, nobody can do anything involving a firearm sale, without facing prosecution.
    That's a whole lot of conjecture. It takes more than handing a friend some money to get arrested for a straw purchase. The gun needs to be illegally transferred.

Is it really so bad that they're enforcing the straw purchase law? I see that as a good thing.

(Berks County)

I figure they were working on this one for a little while.

NORRISTOWN * Montgomery County authorities dismantled a gun-trafficking organization involving more than a dozen individuals who are accused of illegally obtaining and reselling 31 firearms during straw purchase schemes in a five-county area.

*This is one of the huge growing problems that we are facing in Southeastern Pennsylvania. It*s a problem because it puts guns in the hands of people that are not allowed by law to buy their own guns. That*s a straw purchase. It*s illegal and it*s dangerous,* Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin R. Steele said on Wednesday.
    Montgomery County authorities dismantle multi-county gun trafficking network

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by frick View Post

You are mistaking this show, run by a promoter named Showmasters, for the old PGCA show from 20-30 years ago. Not the same promoter; not even in the same building.
    We could go into a very detailed posting about the issues, both good and especially bad, about that show; I'd just rather not just now.
    As for the current Monroeville show, lots to be said there as well. Maybe later.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Sadly they can in many cases. I know you are kidding but I really have to be extra vigilant at this show as to who I sell to. The amount of theft there is astounding as well. Criminal elements have targeted this show, as well as others, and various LE entities are moving to combat them.

(Berks County)

Sadly they can in many cases. I know you are kidding but I really have to be extra vigilant at this show as to who I sell to. The amount of theft there is astounding as well. Criminal elements have targeted this show, as well as others, and various LE entities are moving to combat them.
    I probably couldn't identify most undercover LE if I tried but one guy did get my attention...he was shopping like women do. Who the hell shops like a woman at a gun show?

(Westmoreland County)

Some of the women. 😁. Notice I said "some".
    You are correct however. Some undercover agents are really bad at the fake shopper act. It takes some skill to look like you are an average shopper and still keep surveillance on a suspect. It's also very tiring
    to keep up for any length of time.

(Berks County)

Some of the women. ��. Notice I said "some".
    You are correct however. Some undercover agents are really bad at the fake shopper act. It takes some skill to look like you are an average shopper and still keep surveillance on a suspect. It's also very tiring
    to keep up for any length of time.
    And if you ever need help setting up in Morgantown let me know, I don't live far from there.

(Allegheny County)

What?
    How does a "woman" shop?

Like this?

Does this gun go with my shoes???

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast