Back when the inter webs were new, I belonged to a forum that had a sub group for a DIY kind of SHTF chat. Some of the chatter was funny, alot of it dangerous.
Thats were i first heard about grinding up Ohio Blue Tips, taking the anvils out of spent primers, knocking the dimple out and packing the compound from the blue tips into the primer cup with the wooden match stick, replace anvil, reload, shoot and repeat. i tired it, it worked, but was time consuming and wasnt sure of shelf life and reloading supplies were still to be found on shelves. I also remember chatter about reloading 22 lr, but buy that time i had enough supplies to last a while.

Skip forward to 2021.

With the uncertainty of ammo, components, ect. I was looking through my " just in case " box o shit and came across 5/ 45 acp 200 grn lead semi wad cutters (underneath 2/ 10 foot long sections of cannon fuse) i had primed with the bluetips, stuffed in a zip lock in the bottom of the box with a note that read 'blue tip loads /98" i took the 5 rounds out today to see if they still go bang, and 3 of them did. It could have been errors on my part, it could have been age. i do remember that the blue tip fix made the primers corrosive so I took the 45 home and gave it a good cleaning.

looking for the newest AR15.COM vid on you ytube this evening I stumbled on a vid about Prime All Repriming compound and other gadgets.
Just wondering if anyone has tried the compound, and if it also would be corrosive.
It seems simple enough to work with and with Ohio Blue Tips gone the way of the norinco MAK90 I was thinking of getting some for a spot that just opened up in my just in case Box o shit.
So ill ask the forum ,
Is the compond viable and is the compound corrosive?
Thanks to all who have the time to answer.
Roland