Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Glock drum mags

Default Glock drum mags

Has anyone used any brand in particular?

Other than the color, thoughts on these Korean drums in 9mm, 40/357, 45

https://www.classicfirearms.com/gloc...ne-desert-tan/

I'm starting to collect various PCCs that take Glock mags and thought I'd use the
    (ammo shortage == mag sale) to stock up..

(Washington County)

Default Re: Glock drum mags

I have a Korean glock drum mag that works fine with semi auto but can*t keep up with a full auto glock pistol. Magpul just released one. I bet it will be the best bang for the buck.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post

I'm starting to collect various PCCs that take Glock mags and thought I'd use the
    For like 10-15$ more, you can get 2 Glock stick mags that will take up less space and will hold more ammo. Plus they sit in pouches or whatever nicely. Magpul also makes a 27 round stick. But i haven't used one to comment on the reliability. The cost is right on magpul mags though.

-Zach

They are cheap and portly designed once opened up as shown in the below video below. Go with Stick mags all the way, if your on a budget check out the ETS mags they work well for me in several different Glock pistols and PCC platforms.

(Elk County)

I recommend stick mags as well. Nowhere near as clunky/bulky handling when mounted in the firearm, and I've never had a failure.

This is based on owning a Magpul M60 for an AR that I loaded and used once, and reloaded for a SHTF day. It was too heavy, and made the A4 too clunky handling. I won't make the same mistake with my 9mm PCCs.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post

I have the black version of that drum. Run it in my Ruger PC Carbine all the time. Never had any problems. I have extra long happy stick mags, too, but I got the drum on a whim for cheap, and it's worked well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I have the black version of that drum. Run it in my Ruger PC Carbine all the time. Never had any problems. I have extra long happy stick mags, too, but I got the drum on a whim for cheap, and it's worked well for me.
    Thanks, that's good to hear. The site has a lot of good reviews but hearing it local adds a lot of weight.

- I do have several 22 round (357sig) stick mags too, I am looking specifically for something 2x capacity
    - My 357sig PCC does act differently (FTFs) on the first 4-5 rounds of a 22 round stick, then it does on the last 4-5 rounds,
    so I'm hoping a drum will have more consistent spring pressure from first to last round