Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default H&K LEM for USP compact

I have the USP compact 9mm. I was reading about and considering the LEM conversion. If anyone has one or has done the conversion, I’d love to hear your thoughts. I was on The TGS website and think I have the possibility of ending up with a 4.5 lb trigger, which sounds great!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: H&K LEM for USP compact

LEM doesn't really reduce trigger pull. All it really does is give you the single action break on every single trigger pull, with the double action pull length (but not weight) on the first pull.

I have a factory LEM USP Compact that was made for a German police contract that you're welcome to try.

(Bucks County)

Way better than V1. I converted mine to LEM with the nickel plated sear spring, it is a way better trigger

Go onto HKPro for more info

(Montgomery County)

Definitely a better trigger. It is lighter because it is like a single stage trigger on the first pull instead of the heavy first round pull. I had one and sold it and regretted it ever since. Looking for another one now.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    LEM doesn't really reduce trigger pull. All it really does is give you the single action break on every single trigger pull, with the double action pull length (but not weight) on the first pull.

I have a factory LEM USP Compact that was made for a German police contract that you're welcome to try.
    Thanks for the generous offer! I appreciate it, and may take you up on it. I have a sig 229 DAK, so I anticipate that it would be similar. The USPC is a great gun.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Thanks for the generous offer! I appreciate it, and may take you up on it. I have a sig 229 DAK, so I anticipate that it would be similar. The USPC is a great gun.
    I haven't shot a DAK, but looking at YouTube videos, it doesn't look similar at all. DAK looks a lot closer to a traditional DAO to me.

With LEM, basically take your USP Compact, and cock it. The wall, break, and reset feel exactly the same as a DA/SA USP in SA mode. It's just your first shot has a long, light takeup to that wall (takeup length about the same length as your gun in DA, but the weight is very light).

LEM can be combined with most other HK trigger stuff. So you could do an LEM trigger with the Match trigger. I've got a USP Expert and USP Tactical (both have the Match trigger, though Expert moreso than the Tactical) that I've been debating doing the LEM to.

If you install LEM, you should consider getting the TRS pliers. HK's trigger return springs can be a pain in the butt to deal with. Grease is also helpful to hold stuff in place.

(Berks County)

I did mine and it greatly improves that first shot. All the rest has been stated above. I installed mine with the help of YouTube videos but I can't tell you which it was.The guy has four separate videos to cover the whole job. I did not use any special tools as I didn't know there were any.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Was never a big fan of HK triggers until I tried the LEM. Have an HK45 set up with one and it*s great. Light LEM is even better.

(Bucks County)

Some people love it, and some hate it. I'm in the former camp.

My LEMs: P2000, P2000SK, 45c, P30L
    Non-LEMs: Mark 23, VP9
    Other: P7M13
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Thanks for all of the input!