Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Bought a new gun recently?

If so, why? The ammo manufacturers "can't meet the unprecedented demand" so there's no fucking ammo to test it unless you eat away at what you've got set aside, then if you have issues, you need to spend more ammo to figure out if it's resolved once you fuck with it, and when you message manufacturers about the problem, they have the nerve to suggest you try different ammo! I bought a new shotgun, spent a lot of fucking money on it, and it had a spectacularly disappointing first trip to the range with me today. I ended up shooting about 60 rounds of slugs and buckshot, working through those malfunctions, ignoring them because I went into denial that a gun so expensive can fail so horribly, I can't replace that ammo, and needless to say, I wasn't able to get it to reliably feed my target loads either. I'm curious what reasons people have other than hoarding for the inevitable ___fill in the blank__ bans that get talked about weekly for the next 4 years or more. Where is the point of diminishing returns for you? Is it after you spend nearly $4000 on 3 purchases from "premium" gun makers and all 3 of them shit the bed?

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Bought a new gun recently?

OUCH! I feel for ya
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    If so, why? The ammo manufacturers "can't meet the unprecedented demand" so there's no fucking ammo to test it unless you eat away at what you've got set aside, then if you have issues, you need to spend more ammo to figure out if it's resolved once you fuck with it, and when you message manufacturers about the problem, they have the nerve to suggest you try different ammo! I bought a new shotgun, spent a lot of fucking money on it, and it had a spectacularly disappointing first trip to the range with me today. I ended up shooting about 60 rounds of slugs and buckshot, working through those malfunctions, ignoring them because I went into denial that a gun so expensive can fail so horribly, I can't replace that ammo, and needless to say, I wasn't able to get it to reliably feed my target loads either. I'm curious what reasons people have other than hoarding for the inevitable ___fill in the blank__ bans that get talked about weekly for the next 4 years or more. Where is the point of diminishing returns for you? Is it after you spend nearly $4000 on 3 purchases from "premium" gun makers and all 3 of them shit the bed?
    So that was you across from the main pistol bay, shooting shotgun at a few steel plates? Pennlineman and I were the guys in the bay across the road. We only shot maybe 150 rounds, and we have enough ammo and reloading components that we don't worry about what we're using.

Luckily, we both tried out new guns today and everything worked fine.

(Elk County)

I sold over 20 guns since 1 Nov 2020, but bought one, a Cimarron/Uberti copy of a Winchester 94, 20" carbine with case colored receiver in 38-55 to join a 24" Marlin Cowboy, another Cowboy cut to 16.5" by a previous owner, and a C. Sharps 1885 single shot. Ammo is not an issue as I have 1100 Starline cases, double that number of 265 gr Moyer cast bullets of .380" diameter, and 12-14 lbs of Unique. I love straightwall cases, and the 38-55 is a favorite.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Montgomery County)

That definitely sucks. Have them pay to ship and fix it, then use their ammo to test. Of course you'll still have to confirm with yours afterwards... But such is part of the hobby.

(Bucks County)

I'm going to go ahead and assume it is a semi auto shotgun?

-Zach

(Dauphin County)

Ugh, your frustration comes through in your post. Sucks to spend a lot of money on a dream gun only to have it take a dump right out of the box. Hopefully you can get it worked out.

I am in the midst of a transition in thinking, from wanting and having many guns in several calibers, to consolidating down to fewer calibers and fewer guns, and commonality of platform and manual of arms. I recently sold a Ruger Mini-14 because I have 2 AR's, and wanted to eliminate the different platform. I carry 9mm pistols, but have several pistols in other calibers just for range use. I am considering/debating in my mind selling off some calibers I only have one pistol chambered for, and even some pistols in 9mm that are redundant, or only used on the range. With the current political and social situation, I am feeling it is more important to be well supplied in a few calibers than to be spread out over several calibers and platforms merely for fun. YMMV.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

This is good times for the people who prepared.

Misery- what shotgun did you buy? Please don't say Beretta 1301. That's on my short list of 930SPX replacements. In fact, it's the only gun on that list...

I picked up a S&W 19-3 at Morgantown this past weekend. I've been wanting one for a while now and I couldn't beat the price they were asking. I have a good supply of ammo for it, though not a lot of hot .357. I probably won't shoot it that much, however. Haven't shot it yet. It's more of a nostalgia piece than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Misery- what shotgun did you buy? Please don't say Beretta 1301. That's on my short list of 930SPX replacements. In fact, it's the only gun on that list...

I picked up a S&W 19-3 at Morgantown this past weekend. I've been wanting one for a while now and I couldn't beat the price they were asking. I have a good supply of ammo for it, though not a lot of hot .357. I probably won't shoot it that much, however. Haven't shot it yet. It's more of a nostalgia piece than anything else.
    The 1301 is an excellent shot gun, and I would absolutely LOVE to have the Langdon Tactical version one day.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast