Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Bought a new gun recently?

My Saiga 12 took several HUNDRED rounds to break in and start to function flawlessly.

All of my recent purchases have been things on the wish list that may not be available soon with what*s recently transpired.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    My Saiga 12 took several HUNDRED rounds to break in and start to function flawlessly.

All of my recent purchases have been things on the wish list that may not be available soon with what*s recently transpired.
    Sometimes you have to work for what you want. I bought a Kahr years ago, even though they take a few hundred rounds to break it in. I bought a Sig P365 before all the bugs were worked out, and I had to send it in when it didn't work right. I knew what I was getting into both times.

I wonder if the shotgun was a new model that hasn't had the kinks worked out of it yet?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Sometimes you have to work for what you want. I bought a Kahr years ago, even though they take a few hundred rounds to break it in. I bought a Sig P365 before all the bugs were worked out, and I had to send it in when it didn't work right. I knew what I was getting into both times.

I wonder if the shotgun was a new model that hasn't had the kinks worked out of it yet?
    From his previous posts, sounds like he was considering a Benelli M4. Which is not a cheap gun.

All of my Benellis have been flawless, but they're all the inertia guns (M3, SBE2), not their only gas gun.

(Columbia County)

I noticed within the last couple of years a lot of new tactical shotguns on the market. My advice to any one who wants tactical shot is to stick to what works. Mossberg's 590, remington 870, Benelli all have been around for awhile and have been adopted by police and military. Secondly every gun should work right out of the box. There is no need for a "break in " period. Especially in these days with the ammo situation.

Another thing I'll mention is fascination with bullpup designs. Yes they look cool but do you really want a shotgun shell going off just below your ear?

Leave the turkish bullpup and the generic look alike shotguns for the amateurs. Get authentic shotguns that have proven themselves.

(Monroe County)

The trend now is people getting that "one gun" before it's too late.

My guess is a Black Aces. It's only tac gun in stock at my dist, I was going to get a few till I read the reviews and BBB complaints on them. That cracked me up who does BBB on a gun MFR?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

I've noticed in a couple shotgun threads that posters suggest pump shotguns more reliable than autoloaders. I can't comment on newer models because I have none; but my Browning Auto 5 has 800-900 shells through it and it has never jammed. My Re mington 1100 from the 70s is just as reliable.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    From his previous posts, sounds like he was considering a Benelli M4. Which is not a cheap gun.

All of my Benellis have been flawless, but they're all the inertia guns (M3, SBE2), not their only gas gun.
    That's where my mind went also, given the #s he was saying. Tough to hit that cost without a Benelli or similar. I'd be pissed too if I spent that kind of scratch on one and it didnt work.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    This is good times for the people who prepared.
    😁😁😁😁😁😁

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Ugh, your frustration comes through in your post. Sucks to spend a lot of money on a dream gun only to have it take a dump right out of the box. Hopefully you can get it worked out.

I am in the midst of a transition in thinking, from wanting and having many guns in several calibers, to consolidating down to fewer calibers and fewer guns, and commonality of platform and manual of arms. I recently sold a Ruger Mini-14 because I have 2 AR's, and wanted to eliminate the different platform. I carry 9mm pistols, but have several pistols in other calibers just for range use. I am considering/debating in my mind selling off some calibers I only have one pistol chambered for, and even some pistols in 9mm that are redundant, or only used on the range. With the current political and social situation, I am feeling it is more important to be well supplied in a few calibers than to be spread out over several calibers and platforms merely for fun. YMMV.
    Wider range of calibers means greater chance of finding ammo that you can use. Now if they aren't popular calibers than it isn't much help. 40S&W guys have faired pretty well through previous tough times.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    Wider range of calibers means greater chance of finding ammo that you can use. Now if they aren't popular calibers than it isn't much help. 40S&W guys have faired pretty well through previous tough times.
    I remember seeing nothing but. 40 S&W in 2013, but enough people bought 40-cal guns since then that they're out now too. 10mm seems to be more available now. Next time it'll be gone just like the 40.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast