Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Looking for an outdoor shooting range with available memberships

Both myself and my brother have been trying to join a range since before the scamdemic started and I can't get into one anywhere. I've got waiting list emails in at just about every outdoor range in the area that requires a membership and permits guests. No luck in almost a year.

Are there seriously zero ranges available to join out there?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Looking for an outdoor shooting range with available memberships

If you don*t mind the drive this place is pretty cool http://www.perrygunclub.com/

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by M404 View Post
    Both myself and my brother have been trying to join a range since before the scamdemic started and I can't get into one anywhere. I've got waiting list emails in at just about every outdoor range in the area that requires a membership and permits guests. No luck in almost a year.

Did you try Delaware County Field and Stream? In the past they never had membership limits. Don't know how it is now but you did need to get 3 members to sponsor you. Not hard to do if you go up on a weekend buy something from the snack bar and talk to people in the club house.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyPullover View Post
    If you don*t mind the drive this place is pretty cool http://www.perrygunclub.com/
    Why are all the awesome ranges so damn far away?

I swear, if I hit that powerball jackpot, I'm opening up a knobb creek style range right here in my home town.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Did you try Delaware County Field and Stream? In the past they never had membership limits. Don't know how it is now but you did need to get 3 members to sponsor you. Not hard to do if you go up on a weekend buy something from the snack bar and talk to people in the club house.
    Took my hunter safety course there years ago. Didn't realize you needed 3 sponsors. Are they even permitted by Herr wolf to have an open snack bar?

Quote Originally Posted by M404 View Post

Since you are from Marple looking for a range you may find this post interesting. https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...Thin+blue+line

Edit to add.... and looking through that thread, you have seen it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Since you are from Marple looking for a range you may find this post interesting. https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...Thin+blue+line

Edit to add.... and looking through that thread, you have seen it.
    And scouring the local news for any mention of it. That would be among if they opened a range that close to home. Hell, I'll help em build it if need be

(Delaware County)

New Holland has a wait-list every year, but we do allow guests to sign up for shoots at the range. We offer a lot of different events. If you log three visits in a year, you can get on the wait-list and have a real good change of getting picked for a membership.

it a beautiful club and we run it well. A good team is in place and we are nothing but responsive to our members. If you would like to go as a guest of mine...let me know. Its less than an hour drive for me.

(Delaware County)

New Holland has a wait-list every year, but we do allow guests to sign up for shoots at the range. We offer a lot of different events. If you log three visits in a year, you can get on the wait-list and have a real good change of getting picked for a membership.

it a beautiful club and we run it well. A good team is in place and we are nothing but responsive to our members. If you would like to go as a guest of mine...let me know. Its less than an hour drive for me.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post

Thank you for the offer and! Looks like a gorgeous range. Any specific reason behind the restriction on full auto use? I'm assuming it is an insurance/liability risk?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast