Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Looking for an outdoor shooting range with available memberships

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    New Holland has a wait-list every year, but we do allow guests to sign up for shoots at the range. We offer a lot of different events. If you log three visits in a year, you can get on the wait-list and have a real good change of getting picked for a membership.

it a beautiful club and we run it well. A good team is in place and we are nothing but responsive to our members. If you would like to go as a guest of mine...let me know. Its less than an hour drive for me.
    A friend is a member there, hes going today. He always invites me but I hate long drives.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Did you try Delaware County Field and Stream? In the past they never had membership limits. Don't know how it is now but you did need to get 3 members to sponsor you. Not hard to do if you go up on a weekend buy something from the snack bar and talk to people in the club house.
    DCFS is taking new membership applications. You still need two members and a club officer to sign your application.

It's not the kind of place where you turn in your application and can start shooting later that day. All applicants go through a background check, then get voted on by the executive committee, then you have to go through a 2-3 hour orientation. I think if you turned in an application today you'd be looking at April or May before you could be able to shoot (unless you're a guest of a member). They've been flooded with applications over the past six months.

The place was founded in the 1930's as your typical PA "Rod and Gun" club. If you absolutely can't stand Fudds or rules like 5 round mag limits, no rapid fire, no holster drawing, etc. don't bother joining.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by M404 View Post
    Thank you for the offer and! Looks like a gorgeous range. Any specific reason behind the restriction on full auto use? I'm assuming it is an insurance/liability risk?
    All one needs is for 1 round to leave the range...

Its a great facility. I don't mind the drive, mainly because I take the back way in through Coatesville...gives me time to appreciate the smell of fresh manure early in the morning.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrower View Post
    DCFS is taking new membership applications. You still need two members and a club officer to sign your application.

It's not the kind of place where you turn in your application and can start shooting later that day. All applicants go through a background check, then get voted on by the executive committee, then you have to go through a 2-3 hour orientation. I think if you turned in an application today you'd be looking at April or May before you could be able to shoot (unless you're a guest of a member). They've been flooded with applications over the past six months.

The place was founded in the 1930's as your typical PA "Rod and Gun" club. If you absolutely can't stand Fudds or rules like 5 round mag limits, no rapid fire, no holster drawing, etc. don't bother joining.
    I do love me a standard cap mag dump now and then...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    All one needs is for 1 round to leave the range...

Its a great facility. I don't mind the drive, mainly because I take the back way in through Coatesville...gives me time to appreciate the smell of fresh manure early in the morning.
    Seems like a reasonable position. Not ragging on them. Mostly curious. Not like I have the kind of cash it takes to buy anything in full auto.

(Delaware County)

I'm a member of DCFS. It appears they are welcoming new members, but like others have said, it is not a quick process. The 3 signatures are mainly to weed out the total idiots. The "safety and range orientation" takes about 3 hours on certain Sunday afternoons. Some complain that DCFS are safety fanatics (like no guns in the club house), which is fine with me. Screw around, and you are OUT! Your badge is taken, and no refunds.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrower View Post
    If you absolutely can't stand Fudds or rules like 5 round mag limits, no rapid fire, no holster drawing, etc. don't bother joining.
    What's a "Fudd"?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe from Media View Post
    What's a "Fudd"?
    Someone who thinks that only hunting rifles should be allowed.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12