Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Safariland OWB Questions

If I understand correctly, Safariland's three screws/holes on the back are compatible with all of their mounting options, right? Looking at the 6377/7377 for the ALS with belt loops for OWB for classes and the like (so concealment isn't a factor.) But say if I wanted to change to the low rise, paddle, QLS, or the like it's interchangeable? Already e-mailed them and left voicemails and haven't heard back so assuming they're busy. Also, some of them look to be in stock on Amazon, which would save the 30 day wait that's listed on their website. Are the ones sold on Amazon legit or all fakes?

Default Re: Safariland OWB Questions

Yes they are interchangeable with all the different mounting systems. I have a giant box of parts for all different set ups which has led me back to the standard set up. Lol

I have an older SL OWB and newer parts still interchange. It's not my fav holster by any means but it is useful and I keep it for my full size pistols I don't carry often.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the info all. Found out the trick is to call their customer service line first thing in the morning as from lunch and on they're slammed. Also, verified that Safariland does sell to/though Amazon but to double check it's for the right handgun as people often apparantly just buy by the serial number and don't double check the model of handgun.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sblzrd65 View Post
    If I understand correctly, Safariland's three screws/holes on the back are compatible with all of their mounting options, right? Looking at the 6377/7377 for the ALS with belt loops for OWB for classes and the like (so concealment isn't a factor.) But say if I wanted to change to the low rise, paddle, QLS, or the like it's interchangeable? Already e-mailed them and left voicemails and haven't heard back so assuming they're busy. Also, some of them look to be in stock on Amazon, which would save the 30 day wait that's listed on their website. Are the ones sold on Amazon legit or all fakes?
    The ALS and QLS have the same three bolt mounting pattern. If you're going to use the quick detachable system QLS there are different patterns to the clips and receivers that can get confusing pretty quickly. Make sure you have the QLS 19 and QLS 22 mounts to eliminate the confusion. The QLS 22L receiver makes for a very difficult and quite fiddly fit and the ELS system does not interchange with the locking clips of the QLS. Confused yet?

https://safariland.com/products/quic...stem-kit-23136

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC