Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default UT CCW shout out

Fwiw, I’m all for constitutional carry and hate permits but I digress. With that being said, I have to give a “shout out” to UT for their CCW re-issue process. All I did was go on their site, watch a 8 minute video, enter my expiring CCW# , upload a photo, pay $25 and 2 weeks later got my permit in the mail. Good for 5 more years....simple and easy.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: UT CCW shout out

Did you have to take an actual training course to initially get your UT CCW or just watch a video online?

Did you have to send proof of your PA LTCF?

Quote Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
    Did you have to take an actual training course to initially get your UT CCW or just watch a video online?

Did you have to send proof of your PA LTCF?
    Yes for the initial CCW you have to take a class. There are several offered around the state typically throughout the year when covid isn’t shutting things down. When my Florida non res is expiring this time I will probably get my UT to replace it since it’s much easier to renew.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yes for the initial CCW you have to take a class. There are several offered around the state typically throughout the year when covid isn*t shutting things down. When my Florida non res is expiring this time I will probably get my UT to replace it since it*s much easier to renew.
    This is correct and the reason I went with the UT permit over the FL permit. Renewing the FL permit is very expensive and a lot of paperwork. The initial class, which is held in various areas, was 3 hours or so and that's about it but the renewal process is the main reason for going with UT over FL. I typically use the UT for DE carry and that's about it on the East coast.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    This is correct and the reason I went with the UT permit over the FL permit. Renewing the FL permit is very expensive and a lot of paperwork. The initial class, which is held in various areas, was 3 hours or so and that's about it but the renewal process is the main reason for going with UT over FL. I typically use the UT for DE carry and that's about it on the East coast.
    Arizona has a simple renewal process too. I was considering getting a Florida permit, but I hope to be back in Pennsylvania before I have any Florida vacations.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Thank you both for the answers. Not looking to get a non resident permit just yet but was curious how this worked.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Arizona has a simple renewal process too. I was considering getting a Florida permit, but I hope to be back in Pennsylvania before I have any Florida vacations.
    Thumbs up for AZ. They have been the most positive permitting and renewal experiences I've had. By far.

Sadly, PA was the second worst experience, only kept off the very bottom of the barrel by the fact that I live in PRNY.

(Berks County)

Berks County, PA has to be about as easy as it gets and DE is all you get out of UT, FL and I don't know about AZ. The other states that UT and FL get us are on the other side of the Mississippi.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    Thumbs up for AZ. They have been the most positive permitting and renewal experiences I've had. By far.

Sadly, PA was the second worst experience, only kept off the very bottom of the barrel by the fact that I live in PRNY.
    I have both Utah and Arizona. Both initial and renewal processes are great. I had to drop Florida renewal this year because our local Leos were ordered (in my immediate area) not to do any finger print cards as required by the sunshine state. I really don*t get why Allegheny County won*t do on line renewals. I*m renewing in February.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Berks County, PA has to be about as easy as it gets and DE is all you get out of UT, FL and I don't know about AZ. The other states that UT and FL get us are on the other side of the Mississippi.
    We spend a lot of time at Delaware beaches and my Sister in Law's place. We also do a lot of biking and hiking in DE....I refuse to go into NJ, so I'll drive the extra 45 minutes to be able to carry. Definitely worth it for us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast