Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: 🤔 Homeowner charged with homicide after deadly Stroud Township shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post

So,what's the information?
    Rumor and only rumor had it Randy may not have had the ok to be there. When you do a county property search he doesn't come up as owning
    any property unless he uses a different name.
    Sad he had a MC shop if I remember called the Racket Shop. I bought some parts and tires there long ago.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 🤔 Homeowner charged with homicide after deadly Stroud Township shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Rumor and only rumor had it Randy may not have had the ok to be there. When you do a county property search he doesn't come up as owning
    Sad he had a MC shop if I remember called the Racket Shop. I bought some parts and tires there long ago.
    ....interesting plot twist.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

Lesson 1, don't talk to the police without a lawyer

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I knew that name was familiar! I went there with my buddy back in the 90s for dirt bike parts. Last time I drove by the shop, I saw the skylight was busted out. It's all overgrown, & didn't look like anyone lived there.

(Monroe County)

I heard something about the house being owned by his mother...

(Monroe County)

The Rocket Shop, Randy used to fix up old dirt bikes and race them in a special class for nostalgic bikes.
    Any updates on this?

(Lehigh County)

Update!

Not guilty verdict in Monroe County 'castle doctrine' homicide

After deliberating for hours, a jury reached a verdict in Monroe County.

They found 68 year old Randy Halterman not guilty on all counts.

In January of 2021, Halterman killed Adam Schultz and shot Schultz's girlfriend after they trespassed into his rundown home.

His defense said the shooting was justified under the Castle Doctrine, and was pleased with the jury's decision.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...f-866a7ac3fdc3

(Delaware County)

Old white guy denied bail. Doesn’t seem... equitable.

(Montgomery County)

Unless you or a 3rd party are in immediate danger, call 911 and let the cops shoot them.

The prosecutor then approached the jury stating *murder comes in different forms* and that *you can*t take the law into your own hands.* He proceeded to claim that Halterman has a dangerous pattern, referencing previous incidents dating back to 2015 when Halterman brandished a weapon at trespassers.

These prior trespassing events that Halterman told police left him with trauma and that he *needed closure.*

Eyewitness news spoke to a longtime friend of Halterman on Wednesday. *We*ve known Randy for so long and just know that had they not been there and had he not felt like he was in danger, that he never would*ve pulled his gun. He never would*ve used it,* stated Roxane Teada, a longtime friend of Halterman.
    https://www.pahomepage.com/news/crim...nal-trial-day/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast