Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

(Allegheny County)

Default Source for walnut round-butt "bulldog" grips for RIA M206 snubby?

Picked up one of these Rocker M206 snubbies on the cheap and wanted walnut round-butt "bulldog" a la the old Charter Arms Bulldog .44;

CA1.jpg

The original wood are too skinny and the included black rubber oversized grips don't do anything for me.

Thanks tons in advance for suggestions!
    Last edited by nfafan; January 21st, 2021 at 04:45 PM.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Source for walnut round-butt "bulldog" grips for RIA M206 snubby?

No suggestions, but interested to hear thoughts on how it holds up under fire and over time. Was seriously thinking about grabbing one a couple years back but heard mixed reviews on quality (not fit/finish...more like timing and other factors).

(Union County)

NFAFAN.... Your pm box is full.
    Something clever belongs here. Same screen name at ARFCOM.

(Allegheny County)

PM inbox cleaned up...
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    No suggestions, but interested to hear thoughts on how it holds up under fire and over time. Was seriously thinking about grabbing one a couple years back but heard mixed reviews on quality (not fit/finish...more like timing and other factors).
    I had one I picked up to evaluate for my YouTube channel. It shot itself out of time in less than 100 rds.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I had one I picked up to evaluate for my YouTube channel. It shot itself out of time in less than 100 rds.
    Thanks, I thought I had heard that either on here or elsewhere. Guess its good I passed then...no reason for that to happen with today's machinery, especially that quick.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Thanks, I thought I had heard that either on here or elsewhere. Guess its good I passed then...no reason for that to happen with today's machinery, especially that quick.
    I looked into it and it appears to be a problem with QC of the metal parts of the internals. It's happened to a few people online that I've seen. Before everything went to crap, you could get a Taurus snubby for bot much more and they had way fewer problems in my experience.

And that's saying something.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I looked into it and it appears to be a problem with QC of the metal parts of the internals. It's happened to a few people online that I've seen. Before everything went to crap, you could get a Taurus snubby for bot much more and they had way fewer problems in my experience.

And that's saying something.
    Ironically, that's what I ended up buying when I was looking. Their one 357 model, which was better regarded than some of their 38s