Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Why arent ammo dealers being resupplied?

Im not panick buying. I have plenty of ammo to keep me supplied for years but I do shop for different rounds regulary . Just puzzled at the reason why all suppliers for example, luckygunner, cheaper than dirt, ammo to go, etc you name it. All is out and have been for months. YEs we all know the panick buyers have bought it all up, and some are selling for rediculous prices. Thats fine its the way of the world. But you cant even buy 12 gauge slugs or anything. Covid has not shut down manufacturing as far as i know. WHY has the manufactures not been resupplying the dealers. IT never comes back into stock to dissapear again

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Why arent ammo dealers being resupplied?

Quote Originally Posted by don379 View Post
    Im not panick buying. I have plenty of ammo to keep me supplied for years but I do shop for different rounds regulary . Just puzzled at the reason why all suppliers for example, luckygunner, cheaper than dirt, ammo to go, etc you name it. All is out and have been for months. YEs we all know the panick buyers have bought it all up, and some are selling for rediculous prices. Thats fine its the way of the world. But you cant even buy 12 gauge slugs or anything. Covid has not shut down manufacturing as far as i know. WHY has the manufactures not been resupplying the dealers. IT never comes back into stock to dissapear again
    I disagree. It does come back into stock and then disappears THAT quickly.

-Zach

Strait from the horses mouth.

It does come in on several sites a few days a week but it sells out in seconds. Super-vel sells out 100,000 rounds of 9mm reloads in less then 10 sec. Target Sports USA has been regularly getting in 9mm, .223, and 7.62x39 and it sells out within minutes. Same goes for shotgun shells and other calibers. From what I have been told by several people now Cabelas put out ammo almost every night in popular calibers. Prices are close to normal still but the lines are long and there are limits. Store clerk told a friend of mine that the same people go in night after night trying to get what ever they are putting out.

In later September the major manufactures said 3rd quarter of 2021 might start to see a leveling off on ammo supplies however that was if Trump won the election. Well that didn*t happen and now I am hearing rumor from several industry guys on YouTube of talk of it being like this for at least another two years because of all the threat by the Biden Admin to tax and ban internet sales of ammunition. The perfect storm of bull shit came through and killed ammo stock Covid, riots, Biden victory.

Welcome to the thunder dome.

(Allegheny County)

For sure it is being made and comes in stock regularly. I see it available occasionally. Unfortunately as mentioned above, the supply depletes in seconds or minutes. This is sadly another great lesson to be prepared and not be in need in times like this.
    It's a dusturbing time we are in, when so many citizens are afraid of their government that we feel the need to arm ourselves to the teeth based off an election result.
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Berks County)

I wanna know who's doing the price gouging, the manufacturer, the wholesaler or the retailer....or (D) All three.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I wanna know who's doing the price gouging, the manufacturer, the wholesaler or the retailer....or (D) All three.
    I'd say a little of all three. And from the "devil's advocate" view each on has a legitimate point that their costs are up.
    The bottom line is when demand spikes we all pay more to get what we want. All the way down to the lead supplier who has to staff extra people to meet the new spike in demand.
    Once u consider the suppliers, the manufacturers and the retailers all passing along a small markup the end user cost goes through the roof.
    Of course on the other hand there are some retailers that rape us just because they know they can.
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

Well I’ve seen in stock ammo listed at 400 a case starting Monday, then by Wednesday it’s $450, then Friday it’s $500.00 for the same ammo that never went out of stock. I tend to believe it’s the vendor more then anyone else especially when they get low on their end with no result coming soon.

Cabelas is managing to sell federal 9mm for $19.99 per 50 round box still. I know they are a huge national buyer but they haven’t raised prices much as compared to others.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I would say its only the retailer and secondary resellers. A manufacturer usually has a set price for their goods and longer term contracts / agreements with their distributors. I don't know of any business where if you run at 100% capacity and even have to pay your employees overtime that will make less money. Your profit margin may go down slightly but that is more than made up by the increased sales. Same with first line distributors. They have a set markup and agreements with the larger gunshops. If they try and gouge there is a big chance the manufacturer will drop them and the dealers go elsewhere. Where distributors do make a little more money now is that they don't have "specials" and bulk discounts to there retailers. They will sell it at full (but otherwise normal) prices.

That leaves the retailers. Even then most reputable gunshops will not try and screw you either (or at least the ones I will go to). They might not have any ammo but when they do get it in they will sell it within a few dollars of what it usually costs. There will be a small price hike during times like this but nothing that is close to the dollar a shot 9mm and .223's. I do think some retailers have been diverting their allotment and selling it on the side on gunbroker for the outrageous prices. They will get a friend or have another account so you don't know they are screwing you.

(Allegheny County)

Three hundred bazillion new gun owners.

THAT is why there's no ammo.

The end.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Three hundred bazillion new gun owners.

THAT is why there's no ammo.

The end.
    True dat... sadly, not enough off those clowns voted for Trump. THAT is why there's no Repubs in power.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast