Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why arent ammo dealers being resupplied?

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    True dat... sadly, not enough off those clowns voted for Trump. THAT is why there's no Repubs in power.
    I venture to say many of them bought them because they were afraid of Trump and all the white nationalists that are lurking behind every corner of everywhere.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    When I was unloading trucks (last year) I don't recall it coming on specific days - it just rolled down the line randomly just like the ketchup, tampons, motor oil, and cheddar bay biscuit mix.
    A box of this and a box or three of that... never once saw it come in any quantity resembling a case quantity.

Not that any of it matters. All they sell is Fudd ammo now, so why does anyone care?
    Mmmmmmm....... cheddar bay biscuit mix

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    Mmmmmmm....... cheddar bay biscuit mix
    Should I be stashing that stuff in ammo cans?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    When I was unloading trucks (last year) I don't recall it coming on specific days - it just rolled down the line randomly just like the ketchup, tampons, motor oil, and cheddar bay biscuit mix.
    A box of this and a box or three of that... never once saw it come in any quantity resembling a case quantity.

Not that any of it matters. All they sell is Fudd ammo now, so why does anyone care?
    I wouldn't call my belt fed 30-30 a fudd gun.

(Washington County)

Do you really have a belt fed .30-30? I buy mixed range brass from a club on the north side of PGH and one time I got a bucket containing 550 pieces of .30-30 brass. I thought to myself, dang someone must have a belt fed .30-30! If one existed I’m guessing it would be a 1919 with converted barrel and bolt.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I wanna know who's doing the price gouging, the manufacturer, the wholesaler or the retailer....or (D) All three.
    I'd say it's mainly at the retailer level, although I'm sure manufacturing costs have went up a little too. Last time I bought some 5.56 a couple of months ago at Rural King a box of 150 was $34.99 which works out to .23 cents a round. Meanwhile I was also paying .60 - .70 cents a round at other places that had stock available.

(Chester County)

SG Ammo has Speer Gold Dot 9mm +p in stock right now at $1.40 per round if anyone is interested. 3, 50 round box limit.

(Armstrong County)

Ha that would be pretty easy with anything 1919 and earlier. Between 54R and 303 both being rimmed, there a number of viable options of old iron for a 30-30.
    Not the most cost effective option, but still pretty dang cool.

As for the ammo, just in the past 20 days of the new year there have been 80,xxx transfers through PICS.
    That is a transfer/transaction not the quantity of firearms changing hands with multiple sales per transaction.
    I can personally vouch for over a dozen new firearm owners from that 80K, and they need ammo too.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Delaware County)

All one has to do is look at our own Classifieds...gouging going on here as well as out in the marketplace.

Some here are selling .22 ammo for .26 cents a round...fucking obnoxious. And you wonder why the retailers, wholesalers are inflating their prices too? Greed is the name of the game. If you have it, command whatever price you want. If you don't...pay up.

Not that hard to figure out with all of the panic going on...and to continue for the foreseeable future. Consider learning to reload or at a minimum, pick up the speed on your keyboard to buy ammo.

(Chester County)

We started the year off weak with ammo availability due to covid and the scare of the riots/looting. A lot more new 1st time gun owners. Then much of the raw materials we need for primers slowed down coming from China. Then Remington tanked. That was a huge hit to ammo availability. One of the primary ammo manufacturers just stopped. Then the presidential race and all the things Bie_DUN said he was going too do. To be honest 2021 is just a mess for the ammo industry. Many factors contributed to the current condition we're in. They just all happen in relative close time which did not bode well for the market.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast