Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default LTCF Renewal coming up...

Noticed that Bucks can now process LTCF applications online... for an extra $1 CC fee and $4 convenience fee. So it all boils down to whether the extra $5 is worth it to you.

Personally I don't mind going in in-person. Due to a clerical error I tried to renew my LTCF during the summer and didn't realize that my expiration was 2021, not 2020... stupid on my part. I actually felt kind of bad for wasting their time, especially after I argued with the Deputy that references were a violation of the privacy statutes. They weren't going to accept my renewal without the references. I argued with them and they had to call the Sheriff, who was on vacation, to see if it was OK to process. He eventually approved... which is why i felt bad that I was a year early for my renewal. Of well, at least they know that references are not required. But that doesn't change the fact that they are still listed as required on the website.

Guess we'll get to do it all over again...
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Default Re: LTCF Renewal coming up...

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Noticed that Bucks can now process LTCF applications online... for an extra $1 CC fee and $4 convenience fee. So it all boils down to whether the extra $5 is worth it to you.

Personally I don't mind going in in-person. Due to a clerical error I tried to renew my LTCF during the summer and didn't realize that my expiration was 2021, not 2020... stupid on my part. I actually felt kind of bad for wasting their time, especially after I argued with the Deputy that references were a violation of the privacy statutes. They weren't going to accept my renewal without the references. I argued with them and they had to call the Sheriff, who was on vacation, to see if it was OK to process. He eventually approved... which is why i felt bad that I was a year early for my renewal. Of well, at least they know that references are not required. But that doesn't change the fact that they are still listed as required on the website.

I recommend doing the application online first and then going to take your pic and pick up the LTCF. I did it recently. I went to Levittown. It was super fast.

I am not a fan of Sheriff Warrell because he previously endorsed Scott Wallace who is vehemently anti 2A. However, I do have to give him credit because I believe he is responsible for opening the Levittown office for processing LTCFs and putting the application online. If you are Democrat, definitely vote for Sheriff Warrell over Mark Lomax in the primary election. The fact that progressive democrats are endorsing Lomax over Sheriff Warrell should tell you all you need to know. I need to do more research on the Republican candidate for Sheriff before I decide who I will vote for in the general.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: LTCF Renewal coming up...

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post

Did mine two weeks ago online, got the text 2 days after, and was in and out in Levittown within 6 minutes.