Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wall Tents

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Wall Tents

20220926_095436-picsay.jpg
    20220926_095418-picsay.jpg
    20220930_204313-picsay.jpg
    20220930_185143-picsay.jpg

Had the opportunity to do a test run last weekend with the wood stove I put together. TONS of heat. I think I'm going to recess the ash pan though and add a door over it. Some flat gasket too around both doors then. I had some frames laying around that I used for legs temporarily but I think I'll make some scroll shaped legs that will fit into pockets under the stove to save weight and space.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Allegheny County)

I lived in one, one summer during university...saved a lot of money.

Was also a big upgrade compared to living in a backpacker style tent while squatting on a USAF base out in the woods.

(Clinton County)

Frosty fall morning in Potter County, slept all night without a blanket or t-shirt. Fucker was like a sauna.
    20221009_071044-picsay.jpg
    20221009_071021-picsay.jpg
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Frosty fall morning in Potter County, slept all night without a blanket or t-shirt. Fucker was like a sauna.
    20221009_071044-picsay.jpg
    20221009_071021-picsay.jpg
    You got that puppy set up and looking good too. Everything is nice and tight, it looks like you ironed it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    You got that puppy set up and looking good too. Everything is nice and tight, it looks like you ironed it.
    Takes a little while to set up, almost 50 stakes between the base perimeter and the guy lines. The buckles they provide for the guy lines work real good for cinching things up quick. The main ridge frame has adjustable legs to raise or lower the canvas to tighten up the roof too which helps. With a normal tent I'd be careful not to tighten things up too much but the seams and guy line connections are pretty robust.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Berks County)

Takes a little while to set up, almost 50 stakes between the base perimeter and the guy lines. The buckles they provide for the guy lines work real good for cinching things up quick. The main ridge frame has adjustable legs to raise or lower the canvas to tighten up the roof too which helps. With a normal tent I'd be careful not to tighten things up too much but the seams and guy line connections are pretty robust.
    Yeah, it looks like a job to set up, I doubt that they call it 'The Weekender' model.

(Clinton County)

Yeah, it looks like a job to set up, I doubt that they call it 'The Weekender' model.
    It's about 45 minutes for the main tent room for setup for me so far, about a half hour to pack. Definitely not an easy up but it's night and day different in this vs those 2 season tents.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Clinton County)

Here's my buddy's Alaknak hot tent he has set up here.
    20221009_084243-picsay.jpg
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Berks County)

Here's my buddy's Alaknak hot tent he has set up here.
    20221009_084243-picsay.jpg
    See how his is all wrinkled? And to me, his smokestack looks crooked. he he he he

(Clinton County)

See how his is all wrinkled? And to me, his smokestack looks crooked. he he he he
    Yep, garbage haha! I almost got that style but there were a few things I liked better about the Kodiak. Mainly wanted to get away from vinyl for the most part. His has beer holders built in though so there's that.
    μολ ν λαβέ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast