Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wall Tents

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Wall Tents

Finally set up my first foray into a hot tent/"wall tent" for a test run this weekend. This is a Kodiak 12x12 lodge canvas tent with 8x8 awning/vestibule and attached enclosure. Almost done fabricating the wood stove that will be going in this too. Bring on winter camping! Should be a great setup for off grid living, sometimes I go for 2 weeks at a time camping and this will be a great upgrade for base camp.

20220918_095130-picsay.jpg
    20220918_095115-picsay.jpg
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Finally set up my first foray into a hot tent/"wall tent" for a test run this weekend. This is a Kodiak 12x12 lodge canvas tent with 8x8 awning/vestibule and attached enclosure. Almost done fabricating the wood stove that will be going in this too. Bring on winter camping! Should be a great setup for off grid living, sometimes I go for 2 weeks at a time camping and this will be a great upgrade for base camp.

20220918_095130-picsay.jpg
    20220918_095115-picsay.jpg
    Nice. I have a canvas wedge tent with a stove that I use for 18th century reenacting. That stove makes a world of difference on rainy/cold days.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by heatheroo View Post
    Nice. I have a canvas wedge tent with a stove that I use for 18th century reenacting. That stove makes a world of difference on rainy/cold days.
    Between that and the canvas I think this will solve most of the condensation problems vinyl tents have sometimes. I'm thinking hunting trip this winter now...
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

With out a good defendable place to set your tent they are all useless

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
    With out a good defendable place to set your tent they are all useless
    Thank you Captain Obvious. Of course one seeks as safe a site as possible for ones encampment. Sometimes that's not an easy task given the terrain and the circumstances.

@Mr_Gixxer: Nice rig there. Very nice.

(Clinton County)

I made sure I ordered the tent with bullet proof walls, optional alligator moat and guard towers with a 24/7/365 sentry subscription so I think I'm good.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Dauphin County)

Haven't lived in one long term, but really enjoy the quality of Davis Tents from Colorado --- https://www.davistent.com/

Get an airmattress on a frame, whatever you get

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Thank you Captain Obvious. Of course one seeks as safe a site as possible for ones encampment. Sometimes that's not an easy task given the terrain and the circumstances.

Seems you felt a little sarcasm was needed in your reply. If and when the SHTF hope you are better at getting along with thoses that survive. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post

Seems you felt a little sarcasm was needed in your reply. If and when the SHTF hope you are better at getting along with thoses that survive. Stay safe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast