Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Going underground

Was just here thinking, I know kinda tough sometimes. With the upcoming troubles we are possibly gonna have who’s making plans. Such as hiding assets, own property or not. Live off the grid. For the life of me I can’t see how you can take advantage of ss or Medicare or other social programs that the elderly typically use and accomplish hiding. What kind of ideas or plans to hide as much as possible and still be a part of society do you have. Seems to me it’s gonna be a juggling act with compromise being at the front. I guess I’m looking for ideas and a general discussion on what’s feasible, strictly from a academic standpoint as we don’t want to teach how to break any laws.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Going underground

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    Was just here thinking, I know kinda tough sometimes. With the upcoming troubles we are possibly gonna have who*s making plans. Such as hiding assets, own property or not. Live off the grid. For the life of me I can*t see how you can take advantage of ss or Medicare or other social programs that the elderly typically use and accomplish hiding. What kind of ideas or plans to hide as much as possible and still be a part of society do you have. Seems to me it*s gonna be a juggling act with compromise being at the front. I guess I*m looking for ideas and a general discussion on what*s feasible, strictly from a academic standpoint as we don*t want to teach how to break any laws.
    I'm wondering if it would be possible to put my assets into some sort of trust or something so it wasn't mine anymore. I already asked my financial guy about offshore accounts but he said that it's not the same as it was ten years ago.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

This should be in the emergency preparedness forum...........

I have no specific plans. Where am I going to hide? I'm reasonably prepared for whatever. I live in the sticks. The only way you're hiding assets is to deal strictly with cash or precious metals. How much can you hide that way? Not much in the big picture. Living off the grid isn't as simple as it seems. To most that means still having electricity, which is a huge investment that still requires maintenance.
    I don't even concern myself with that beyond a generator. It's there for short term use, and prolonged issues with careful fuel management. And if there is a SHTF scenario it buys me time to collect my thoughts and prepare for really living off the grid.....permanently.

Owning land is a bonus to some extent, but requires maintenance, higher tax bills that I'm sure will be collected no matter what happens.

Be assured that if things ever get bad...real bad, everyone will be thinking the same thing at the same time. Most will fail. 300 million people can't hide.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm wondering if it would be possible to put my assets into some sort of trust or something so it wasn't mine anymore. I already asked my financial guy about offshore accounts but he said that it's not the same as it was ten years ago.
    I was just thinking that when the firearms ban gets passed, violation of it would include forfeiture of any/all assets with audits going back several years.

So you can run, but you won't hide, they'll take it all for the Motherland..

(Cumberland County)

I*m getting close to retirement and I*m not wealthy by today*s standards. I can be comfortable and do what I desire within reason. Like most I spent to many years scratching shit with the chickens to let some of it go to others. I earned it, it*s mine, I wanna keep it. It*s like most things if you know the rules you can play the game to your advantage. Was kinda looking for ideas from those that have been there or know better on how the system works.

(Chester County)

Your best investment is arable land with potable water on it. After that, it's a matter of improving the land to fit your needs and wants. Without both decent land and water, your at the mercy of others.

(Berks County)

I am seriously considering moving somewhere else. It would probably mean a big change in my way of life as I do not want to move all of my shit, I'd probably have an auctioneer dispose of it in one day and collect my share. There are expat communities all over the globe and moving to one of them might even be in the future.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

I often think of getting an off-grid homestead... the more I read the more it seems that PA really hates people building anything off-grid. I was researching just getting an RV or something and putting it on some land-- apparently that is not possible either (if you get caught). It is also really hard to find property (is there a place like zilow) that helps you find some land for a camp? Set up a small home, garden, near a river for water, far enough away from people to be let alone?

I agree.. there should be a forum on this. I am not a "prepper"...just a wannabe hermit.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    I often think of getting an off-grid homestead... the more I read the more it seems that PA really hates people building anything off-grid. I was researching just getting an RV or something and putting it on some land-- apparently that is not possible either (if you get caught). It is also really hard to find property (is there a place like zilow) that helps you find some land for a camp? Set up a small home, garden, near a river for water, far enough away from people to be let alone?

I agree.. there should be a forum on this. I am not a "prepper"...just a wannabe hermit.
    There is a forum for this:

https://forum.pafoa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=152

Anyway I see campers on land up here all the time. So long as your aren't dumping sewage, there isn't much they can say.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Tioga County)

Most people are plugged into the Matrix. Once you see the code it cannot be unseen and you see the world for what it is.

The systems in this world like W-2 jobs, the media, cheap entertainment, many of the corporate industries like banking and health care, etc. it's all designed to enslave you and keep you compliant. They give you just enough to keep you happy enough you don't revolt and they give you enough rope to keep yourself enslaved. New car loans are a great example. Many will be paying a car loan every month for their whole life.

I learned pretty quickly in high school all the bullshit about the world people foist on you is just that, bullshit. From the 7th grade on I always had a side gig to make extra money and in college I started an ebay business and realized I could always do my own thing and I have. It's not always been easy and on occasion I get offered some corporate job in a shitty place like New Jersey or San Fran and I'm like no thank you.

So I work to set myself up outside the system as much as possible and I'd diversify yourself as much as possible with multiple income streams and investments that pay money on a regular basis. I'd avoid debt as much as reasonably as possible and use it only if it benefits you greatly. I'd open yourself up to opportunities and options overseas such as buying property, using their health care, income possibilities, etc. I'd have a bit of everything, cash, maybe some crypto(not the biggest fan of that but), some gold, guns, physical property, items to trade or barter for. If you have some sort of corporate job or such thing I'd never think of it as permanent but rather a means to an end. I'd have land with water on it away from the crazy city people.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast