Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Going underground

Quote Originally Posted by PadreANT View Post
    I wonder if there are any in Europe?
    I wouldn't be surprised but you might be limited to one or two countries. One of the things that I was told about Mexico is that we cannot buy land there but we can lease it from their gubment for 100 years...or until they decide it's not ours anymore.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I was ignorant to the fact that they were even a thing until I toured Bangkok in 2002 and found an expat community there by accident. Subsequently, I have discovered that they exist in other places as well. Mexico, Costa Rica are two that I know of and I have heard of them in Argentina, though I haven't looked into it myself. One outside of Tijuana had about a 10' stone wall all the way around it. I don't think I'd go to Mexico though, I couldn't feel 'safe' there.
    There are expat communities of Americans all over the world. Millions of Americans live overseas.

Back at the turn of the 20th century when Argentina was one of the world's wealthiest countries, a significant number of Americans moved to Argentina as well as many from England and Wales.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised but you might be limited to one or two countries. One of the things that I was told about Mexico is that we cannot buy land there but we can lease it from their gubment for 100 years...or until they decide it's not ours anymore.
    That actually happened to a guy my dad knows. This guy had "bought" a house on the ocean down in Baja, 99 year lease and all that. One day the Mexican military came and said it's ours, get out. And he lost the house and his investment. Never got a dime back.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345