Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airguns anyone?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Airguns anyone?

The Benjamin fortitude I ordered is now on backorder until 5/1. Canceled that order and was able to order an in stock umarex gauntlet for the same price.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by hunterdan View Post
    So, given the current state of affairs, I'm contemplating buying a decent pcp airgun. Figure my budget will be between $300 and $400. I'm diving into a world in which I don't know a ton, but figured, nows as good a time as any. I'd really prefer to stick with something that is pcp vs a springer or air piston. My dad dives and has the ability to fill tanks for free, and he has a small tank he doesn't really use. Caliber isn't too much of a concern, since it's going to be primarily a plinking gun (and 22 cal pellets cost almost as much as a box of 22lr). I'm leaning towards the umarex gauntlet or something similar. What's everyone shooting and what does everyone recommend?

Mods, I wasn't quite sure where to place this, so feel free to move to the proper forum.
    Where are you finding 22lr for 10 bucks a brick? Please let us all know.

(Bucks County)

Current prices for 22 pellets are way cheaper than 22lr. Last time I bought pellets (2 years ago) they were about $10/250.

got a Gamo silent cat for small stuff (think apocalypse squirrel stew)

Umarex Hammer for anything substantial... a bit overkill but I like it that way...

buy a good cross bow and no one will give you any problem for a generation or so
    The chair is against the wall... John has a long mustache...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by hunterdan View Post
    Current prices for 22 pellets are way cheaper than 22lr. Last time I bought pellets (2 years ago) they were about $10/250.
    About that time somebody here gave a link to a place in MN that was selling the 325 round box of Federal Target grade 40 gr 1200fps for $7.50 after a buy one, get one free deal. Reeds Family Sports Outfitters. I did it and have since gotten weekly emails from them but have never seen anything close to a deal like that from them.
    NRA Life Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post
    About that time somebody here gave a link to a place in MN that was selling the 325 round box of Federal Target grade 40 gr 1200fps for $7.50 after a buy one, get one free deal. Reeds Family Sports Outfitters. I did it and have since gotten weekly emails from them but have never seen anything close to a deal like that from them.
    Put them in the classifieds for $150.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
    got a Gamo silent cat for small stuff (think apocalypse squirrel stew)

Umarex Hammer for anything substantial... a bit overkill but I like it that way...

buy a good cross bow and no one will give you any problem for a generation or so
    Got the crossbow, so good on that front, also have a compound, so good there. Also have a nitro piston air gun that is ok and has taken down a few chucks, but I'll be damned if I can shoot it consistently. The gauntlet appears to be a damn good value in a pcp airgun that should serve me well for a while. I still have my old Sheridan pump that is probably the most accurate gun I've ever shot, but could use some work. Might have to pull it apart one day and do a rebuild.

(Butler County)

Thanks a lot. Now you got me looking at pellet guns to buy. I shoot mine in the basement all winter.
    I'm leaning towards a Diana 48.
    Learn what an artillery hold is, some guns love it.

edit.. just pulled the trigger on a RWS 54 off Gunbroker.
    Last edited by bortle; February 28th, 2021 at 03:42 PM. Reason: cause I can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123