Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Roy's Polymer 80 Build

Moving this out of the general forum:

Backstory:
    Gen 1 Polymer80 full size (Glock 17) build.
    Unpopulated slide moves very cleanly on the frame.
    Slide with barrel and recoil spring goes through the motion, but is very tight (appears barrel is dragging on the inside of the slide).
    Firing pin sear seems to be protruding from the slide slot at a slight angle, and thus contacts the ejector during assembly.
    Sometimes I cannot get a fully populated side off the frame - removing the firing pin does nothing, removing the extractor spring does nothing, but when I pry out the extractor I can then remove the slide.

This thing has all sorts of issues, but I think I should start with the following:
    Slide is extremely tight when only populated with the barrel (no recoil spring, no extractor or extractor spring, no firing pin or safety). It unlocks easily, but from that point on it's VERY tight.

What could be a solution, here? Polishing the underside of the frame rails? Polishing the inside of the slide (I can see drag marks on the underside of the slide, and of course on the leading surface of the locking block on the barrel.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Roy's Polymer 80 Build

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Moving this out of the general forum:

Backstory:
    Gen 1 Polymer80 full size (Glock 17) build.
    Unpopulated slide moves very cleanly on the frame.
    Slide with barrel and recoil spring goes through the motion, but is very tight (appears barrel is dragging on the inside of the slide).
    Firing pin sear seems to be protruding from the slide slot at a slight angle, and thus contacts the ejector during assembly.
    Sometimes I cannot get a fully populated side off the frame - removing the firing pin does nothing, removing the extractor spring does nothing, but when I pry out the extractor I can then remove the slide.

This thing has all sorts of issues, but I think I should start with the following:
    Slide is extremely tight when only populated with the barrel (no recoil spring, no extractor or extractor spring, no firing pin or safety). It unlocks easily, but from that point on it's VERY tight.

What could be a solution, here? Polishing the underside of the frame rails? Polishing the inside of the slide (I can see drag marks on the underside of the slide, and of course on the leading surface of the locking block on the barrel.
    I saw the pic in the other thread. Yeah, that Striker should not be cocked in the channel at all.

What brand slide are you using? Did you install the channel liner?

What brand is the upper parts?
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Duece McCracken View Post
    I saw the pic in the other thread. Yeah, that Striker should not be cocked in the channel at all.

What brand slide are you using? Did you install the channel liner?

What brand is the upper parts?
    what he said, that striker should not be cocked sideways at all but that should not affect the ejector

Something I want to add here: use OEM glock channel liners.

Also look at your locking block area in the lower and make sure you took enough material out of the channel.

Can’t really speak much to first gen poly80 tbh. But I ran into an issue similar to yours with the g17v2 build and it was solved by taking more material off the lower and smoothing out the rear rail module, fitting the parts better, and switching over to OEM glock bits

(Montgomery County)

According to JSD Supply website, the slide is a "patmos arms judah 17".

The channel liner is installed. I have no clue as to the suppliers that manufactured all these other bits, but I suspect they are aftermarket.

(Bucks County)

My little bit 'o OCD makes me wonder if a "grip plug" for a Glock would fit into the grip hole behind the magazine. I know the aftermarket offers a magwell, for the G17 P80..but how about just a plastic plug? (Come to think of it...my Springfield XDS9 could use the same)

I bought one for my G26 when I got it 20 years ago, and it's been a help in keep dust, lint, etc out.