Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: ​​​​​​​Feds Warn HAM Operators "Not To Commit Criminals Acts" Ahead Of Inaugurati

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    Since nobody on the actual FCC is a ham, or even an engineer, they have no idea what a ham actually is.

There are over half-a-million POS Baofengs out there, being used by non-hams on whatever frequency they can punch in. Antifa and BLM use them, off-roaders use them, "militias" use them, and WE get blamed.

Carthago delenda est.
    And because we chose to become hams, we*re the easiest ones they can catch and charge. Because they made a public registry of us.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: ​​​​​​​Feds Warn HAM Operators "Not To Commit Criminals Acts" Ahead Of Inaugurati

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    Since nobody on the actual FCC is a ham, or even an engineer, they have no idea what a ham actually is.

There are over half-a-million POS Baofengs out there, being used by non-hams on whatever frequency they can punch in. Antifa and BLM use them, off-roaders use them, "militias" use them, and WE get blamed.

Carthago delenda est.
    I think I said this here before. A few years ago a Baofeng was being used to jam the Lancaster City PD frequencies. It went on for months. It would start up late evening and go on through midnight. That's the kind of thing that the FCC should be chasing down quickly. Nope, it went on all summer long. I don't know why it ever stopped. Maybe the FCC got off their fat asses and actually came out and triangulated the transmission.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I think I said this here before. A few years ago a Baofeng was being used to jam the Lancaster City PD frequencies. It went on for months. It would start up late evening and go on through midnight. That's the kind of thing that the FCC should be chasing down quickly. Nope, it went on all summer long. I don't know why it ever stopped. Maybe the FCC got off their fat asses and actually came out and triangulated the transmission.
    I Think it was SPARC or Red Rose that did that leg work, but hey according to some folks here that would make them Fudds and Narcs of the radio world.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    I Think it was SPARC or Red Rose that did that leg work, but hey according to some folks here that would make them Fudds and Narcs of the radio world.
    It should have been the FCC, since that's their duty. But nice that they passed the buck, whether by choice or inaction, onto private citizens.

(Lebanon County)

It should have been the FCC, since that's their duty. But nice that they passed the buck, whether by choice or inaction, onto private citizens.
    Not enough FCC resources, once the club zeroed in on the problem, they turned the evidence over to the FCC who took it the final mile.

(Lancaster County)

Not enough FCC resources, once the club zeroed in on the problem, they turned the evidence over to the FCC who took it the final mile.
    It went on for weeks, it's a real shame when a federal agency doesn't have the resources to spare for a few days when someone is messing around with the police channels. I can understand them looking the other way on other bands, but when it comes to police, they should have taken the lead.

(Lebanon County)

It went on for weeks, it's a real shame when a federal agency doesn't have the resources to spare for a few days when someone is messing around with the police channels. I can understand them looking the other way on other bands, but when it comes to police, they should have taken the lead.
    Should have, agreed, but since I don't have insight to the case, I can't provide too much commentary.

(Berks County)

To me they're fudds or narcs when they tattle on someone who just isn't licensed to do what they are doing, not one who is disrupting the whole system.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Im amazed that there are still PDs out there who aren't using 800mhz trunked systems yet...

(Philadelphia County)

That's because trunked systems don't always work that well. https://www.pennlive.com/politics/20...lion_into.html
    And it's also expensive.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast