Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: ​​​​​​​Feds Warn HAM Operators "Not To Commit Criminals Acts" Ahead Of Inaugurati

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Oh no, not foul language!

BETTER GET THE FEDS ON THIS ONE!
    Laugh and joke all you want, it *IS* a reason to loose your license. I have received emails from the Feds and ARRL asking for increased monitoring and reporting on this issue. there are also hams who send very nasty letters to Club officers concerning the verboten speech of politics and religion among others. Most operators in the area laugh these off, but there ARE those who will report any little thing they perceive as a violation, and DO attempt to get the Feds on it. This often earns them a reputation and not being welcomed on repeaters, or other local group gatherings, but yes, Karen is out there listening on the air.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: ​​​​​​​Feds Warn HAM Operators "Not To Commit Criminals Acts" Ahead Of Inaugurati

Actually, simply using "foul" language on the air is protected free speech. The line is drawn at "obscene" speech which pretty much has to be sexual or otherwise grotesque to a casual observer to be acted on. That's why Bono was able to say the F word on primetime TV, it was determined to be non-sexual and thus not obscene. He said something like "thats Fing great!". Now, using foul language on a private repeater is a different story (private property rights come into play).

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Actually, simply using "foul" language on the air is protected free speech. The line is drawn at "obscene" speech which pretty much has to be sexual or otherwise grotesque to a casual observer to be acted on. That's why Bono was able to say the F word on primetime TV, it was determined to be non-sexual and thus not obscene. He said something like "thats Fing great!". Now, using foul language on a private repeater is a different story (private property rights come into play).
    Some of y'all want to pick nits and attack the messenger, to you I say get active with your local clubs and first responders, put your actions where your mouth is. I'm giving you information direct from ARRL Eastern PA Section, SCPTF and FCCas presented to club leadership, you don't like my message, don't blame me, get active, talk to the people who generate it, I'm trying to help people be informed, make decisions based on real world talk and messaging. Take it or leave it, but spare me the crap, I have two unpaid full time jobs this is coming from, where's your smart A comments coming from?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Some of y'all want to pick nits and attack the messenger, to you I say get active with your local clubs and first responders, put your actions where your mouth is. I'm giving you information direct from ARRL Eastern PA Section, SCPTF and FCCas presented to club leadership, you don't like my message, don't blame me, get active, talk to the people who generate it, I'm trying to help people be informed, make decisions based on real world talk and messaging. Take it or leave it, but spare me the crap, I have two unpaid full time jobs this is coming from, where's your smart A comments coming from?
    I don't even understand what you are trying to say, here.

Take it or leave it, but spare me the crap, I have two unpaid full time jobs this is coming from, where's your smart A comments coming from?
    What does this mean? What crap have I said? How does having "two unpaid full time jobs" make you an expert? I'm not trying to give you crap, I honestly have no clue what you are saying here.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    The whole thing is a joke.

Why bother. Lol

It's all Karen's. Not just a few, obviously. Just different levels at best.

That's the exact point I was trying to make, nobody fucking cares.

Fuck em.

Now I wanna jump on my radio to have fake radio sex with the wifey in the other room for shits and giggles hahaha

(Cambria County)

What's obscene?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    What's obscene?
    'Dr.' Rachael Levine.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Ham Fudds.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Ham Fudds.
    Yup, exactly.

(Lackawanna County)

Since nobody on the actual FCC is a ham, or even an engineer, they have no idea what a ham actually is.

There are over half-a-million POS Baofengs out there, being used by non-hams on whatever frequency they can punch in. Antifa and BLM use them, off-roaders use them, "militias" use them, and WE get blamed.

Carthago delenda est.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast