Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Anybody have a light on their AR?

The Olight PL Valkyrie makes an excellent rifle light. The II has built in batteries and charging capabilities. I have several and they are all on AR*s. There are a shit ton of video reviews and torture tests on them. Some of the best are by Honest Outlaw and Mr Guns and Gear.

The Odin especially the Odin mini are also excellent choices. Made super tough and are feature packed. FYI just about all tape switches by all manufactures use zip ties, rubber bands or in some cases guys use thin cuts of bicycle inner tube to help secure them.

https://olightworld.com/olight-pl-2-valkyrie

The way I set up my rifles I am able to activate the lite using my thumb without ever breaking the rest of my grip.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCan99 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The remote switch they sent broke after 1 year. So they sent a free new one with free shipping. I think it has a life time warranty.
    Buying it from the actual dude who sells it on his website is soemtimes cheaper.
    Cant speak to Tacticon's lights but their other stuff is passable for being cheap. It ain't winning any awards, but nothing has broke on me yet and the price is usually about as low as it gets. Veteran owned and stand by their stuff from everything I hear, so theres some value to that.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The Olight PL Valkyrie makes an excellent rifle light. The II has built in batteries and charging capabilities. I have several and they are all on AR*s. There are a shit ton of video reviews and torture tests on them. Some of the best are by Honest Outlaw and Mr Guns and Gear.

The Odin especially the Odin mini are also excellent choices. Made super tough and are feature packed. FYI just about all tape switches by all manufactures use zip ties, rubber bands or in some cases guys use thin cuts of bicycle inner tube to help secure them.

https://olightworld.com/olight-pl-2-valkyrie

The way I set up my rifles I am able to activate the lite using my thumb without ever breaking the rest of my grip.

Can I be your neighbor....love the scenery up there

(Bucks County)

I have a Streamlight on one rifle and a VTAC with a Surefire on the other...

(Washington County)

I have an AR15 SBR and an MP5 clone SBR set up for night time fun.

The AR15 has a Surefire M600V with pressure switch on top of the rail secured by velcro and zip ties. I tried some of the pressure pad holders but wasn*t a fan.

The MP5 has an Inforce WMLX with just the push button switch on the light. Not nearly as easy to activate.

I like streamlight products and general and will pick up one of their rifle lights eventually.

There*s no such thing as too many lumens unless you*re standing in front of a mirror.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Can I be your neighbor....love the scenery up there
    As long as you bring beer and ammo your more then welcome.

(Franklin County)

gotta have a light on your home defense AR, the platform just begs for it.
    Ive got an old Surefire that I bought on here for a few bucks, did a LED conversion. I like that its easy and quick to move from one AR to another, I don't like that it takes cr123 batteries. but it seems to work good, lights the house up nicely, and the batteries do last fairly well.
    The Hostler

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCan99 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The remote switch they sent broke after 1 year. So they sent a free new one with free shipping. I think it has a life time warranty.
    Buying it from the actual dude who sells it on his website is soemtimes cheaper.
    Ooh, green please.

When I get the pistol done, I'll be adding a light for home defense. Don't have one on the rifle, just a red/green reflex sight.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Delaware County)

Had a Crimson Trace light and laser on an AR.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Montgomery County)

I have a 650LM TLR1 HL on my glock and I did some night room clearing classes and to me 650lm was pretty overkill, the reflection off white walls in the darkness can be sort of blinding. I ended up getting a stack of Streamlight 2L-X flashlights on an Amazon flash sale for $35 each. They have two settings, 500lm and 250lm. They also are dual fuel so they can run off both CR123's and button top protected 18650 rechargeables. You can get reputable Panasonic ones off battery junction for 5-6 a pop. The light will last 30hrs on 250lm and 3.5 on 500lm, slightly longer using the 18650's. They of course make the barrels of these I think it was .96", most generic light mounts are for 1" ones. I bought generic 1" mounts, cut and wrapped the light with a piece of bicycle tube and they work perfectly. I ended up putting one on nearly all of my defense firearms. I don't use remote switches, I have them set up on the left side so that the tail cap button is easily pressed with your thumb without having to grip anything awkwardly.

image-20210601-220657.jpeg.jpg
    image-20210601-220713.jpeg.jpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast