Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: fired brass

Default fired brass

Let me start this off with "Admins. if this is not appropriate just delete it."

Due to old age and other problems our days of shooting matches are over. Now we have 1000's of rds. of fired brass, bullets and other stuff to get rid of.

What would be a FAIR way to determine prices. Would today's market prices be a place to start or would that be price gouging. I have always used Midway and found their prices to be decent.

How about a little input from the peanut gallery.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

Default Re: fired brass

Go to auction sites and see what they are selling for, not just prices posted.
    Worst case scenario, sell it at market cost (weight) or just below.

What other auction sites other than gun broker?
    It would appear that Midway prices are about 75% of what the bids were on the items checked. None were closed but most had several bids so maybe my first thought was not all bad.

gunauction.com and I cant think of the other I use once in a while. When I think of it I'll post it.
    Right now you should get a pretty penny, just stay a tad lower in price to sell quick.
    Always give a good standing poofa member a good price, noobs are just like the general public.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    Let me start this off with "Admins. if this is not appropriate just delete it."

Due to old age and other problems our days of shooting matches are over. Now we have 1000's of rds. of fired brass, bullets and other stuff to get rid of.

What would be a FAIR way to determine prices. Would today's market prices be a place to start or would that be price gouging. I have always used Midway and found their prices to be decent.

How about a little input from the peanut gallery.
    Today's prices are what they are, take advantage of what you have and use the money for your own purposes. It is not gouging just because prices are up when you chose to sell. Like others have said, a bit of a discount will make for a quick sell. Start making a list, and don't forget to check on shipping costs if you are going to sell on here as FTF seems unlikely...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Always give a good standing poofa member a good price, noobs are just like the general public.
    Had figured to try to sell on here first for those who have put up with me for all of the years.

Your posts in the few years I've been here are good, Phil. Especially compared to some of the spindle nuts I've read on here!
    Guns-America is another site to check prices. Search "reloading Brass".
    I unloaded some twice and three times shot 6.5 Grendel to some of my locals for peanuts basically. For common pistol and hunting rifle brass, your comparison of 75% of the GUN (going) BROKER site would be good or lower if you feel bad about current prices. I know many of my older members, (and I'm old too), get furious over what people are paying for gun and related items but this is America! Our whole economy is based on people making profits. Buying low/selling high, etc.
    Gouging is selling only to those who can afford to buy it at rich man's prices. If a majority of people are buying at a certain price level, that's the level you want to be at or a tad lower to make sure you get rid of it.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!