Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm projectiles

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: 9mm projectiles

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Why not?
    Near as I can guesstimate the chamber is a bit tight. I've tried cast lead truncated cone and round nose and always the same story, A time or two they were jammed so tight in the chamber I had to dismount the barrel and drive the cartridge out. Happily for me, they work just fine in my 986, which is a piece that is really growing on me. I wish S&W would make one in N frame so we could get an 8 or 9 round chamber!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Washington County)

Default Re: 9mm projectiles

I had that issue with an AR9 barrel. My coated bullet reloads were working fine in everything but if I chambered them in my AR9 they were engaging the rifling and if I wanted to remove a live road it was a problem. Had to drive a few out.

I bought a 9mm throating reamer from Brownells. I couple twists of the wrist and my barrel throat was longer and I have no issues with coated bullets in that barrel tool. Plus another handy tool in the tool box.

Edited to correct finish reamer to throating reamer.
    Last edited by JoshIronshaft; January 20th, 2021 at 10:23 AM.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12