Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Florida assault weapon bill introduced

Link to bill - https://m.flsenate.gov/session/bill/...text/filed/pdf

They're wasting no time, I won't be surprised to see other states see similar bills get introduced soon.

(Bradford County)

Default Re: Florida assault weapon bill introduced

Let's think outside the box. Why FL, a state where it has no chance of passing?
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Because they are relentless and will keep trying regardless just to keep Assault Rifle fear propaganda in the media. Each legislative session should begin with the prefiling of a slew of Pro-2A bills. But our guys prefer to be forever on the defensive for some reason.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Because they are relentless and will keep trying regardless just to keep Assault Rifle fear propaganda in the media. Each legislative session should begin with the prefiling of a slew of Pro-2A bills. But our guys prefer to be forever on the defensive for some reason.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

Our supposedly pro gun, pro 2A members of both state and fed congress. Are mostly a bunch of do-nothings.
    --ET

To me it sounds like a trial run for them to attempt at the federal level. It really sounds like a model of what they did up in Canada. You eliminate people from being able to buy anymore and existing people get a special right to keep it, but they can't sell it or pass it down in the family.

(Lehigh County)

Didn't FL just recently raise the age to buy long guns to 21?

This bill is one conveniently-timed mass shooting away from passing.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

There is understandably some inceased sensitivity to gun rights issues with 2021 going the way it is. It is my understanding that even legislators from Philadelphia and Pittsburgh introduce gun control bills on a yearly basis that do not get passed in the committee level. We need to take them all seriously so they don't get out of committees.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    There is understandably some inceased sensitivity to gun rights issues with 2021 going the way it is. It is my understanding that even legislators from Philadelphia and Pittsburgh introduce gun control bills on a yearly basis that do not get passed in the committee level. We need to take them all seriously so they don't get out of committees.
    ^^^^^ The bill in Florida is presented every year along with other anti gun legislation. Same with pro gun legislation. It*s good to be aware of but it*s nothing new or surprising. Same thing happens in every state including Pa. For the most part it give anti gun legislators a chance to say to their constituents *see I*m trying* we just don*t have the votes..... and same for pro gun legislators. It*s mostly part of the game they play.

I say mostly because sometimes shit happens like it did in Colorado in 2013 and Vermont in 2018 when all of a sudden they had the votes. Florida is still pretty safe. Virginia is tottering. I think Pa is in the middle. We are not as solid as Fla, but not as in danger as Virginia. I think we have a few years left but I would not bet money on it being more than a few.

As a matter of interest, here is a thread a about a vote in Florida on *assault weapons*. (I freaking hate that the terminology has become accepted even among pro gun people) that took place a week after Parkland in 2018. It was voted down 26-71. https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ssault+weapons

(Jefferson County)

Actually, it stands a pretty fair chance of passing in FL. FL is slowly becoming South New York.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!